Skip to content

Discuss This Minimum weight limit being considered for Moto2 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Minimum weight limit being considered for Moto2

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Minimum weight limit being considered for Moto2

A minimum weight limit for the Moto2 world championship is currently under discussion in a move that could significantly reduce the disadvantage heavier riders like British star Scott Redding currently have to contend with. The entire Moto2 field were individually weighed in full riding kit including helmet during last weekend’s Australian Grand Prix at Phillip Island. It was seen as the first...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 November 2012 10:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MissStiggy

Nov 12

MissStiggy says:

Cornballs ...

... you're a bit of an arse - aren't you?

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

MissStiggy

Rev, I've got no time to waste with you so you're lesson for tonight is 'go forth and multiply'.

Reply to this Topic
MissStiggy

Nov 12

MissStiggy says:

Cornballs ...

... there's an 80% chance of me being you.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Nostrils

As you are unable and unwilling to answer my post to you, you care to jump onto another topic, because you appear to be well and truely screwed regarding answering the aforementioned.

Trying to puzzle through your poor grammar, but acceptable taking the obvious state you're in into account. You want to know what my opinion is on the percentage chance of a two rider race, over  a full MotoGP season, between Lorenzo and Rossi. Now is that when Rossi was spanking Lorenzo or when Lorenzo decided to take his wing mirrors off and stop combing his hair before the race, or do you mean now, when Rossi has not been on a Yam for two years, it's a broad spectrum you've set there, but I will answer that. Rossi with full winter testing on the M1, I would give him a 100% chance of winning and Lorenzo 95% chance of winning, you see because as thick as you are, just being the two riders there are no variables to add in. So let's bring you up to speed you chump, if you were to add in another rider, let's just take one at random, Oh I know, duffer Smith, the estimate of his chances from the percentage scale of 100 will be, oh well, I'm feeling generous, 1%.

Here's a little teaser for you Nostrils, you've just downed a red hot curry for your tea, washed down with a couple of pints of lager, careful now, you're sitting at your PC, on your upturned milk crate, and you think, 'cor, is this going to be the mother of all farts, or do I need a dump', so your little brain is working out, your percentage chances of, 'do I find out it's just a mega fart,' the odds on the mega fart are 40% or it's 90% on the dump, so think back over the last few weekends, that's the reason, you keep shitting your pants, you don't understand percentages.  

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Cornballs ...

... no time for me - after you've spent everyother post slagging 'me' off for no reason?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Ha, ha crunchy nuts

So what you are saying is one's a dead cert, and the other almost a dead cert. I interpret that as meaning either they're going to tie for the title, or you're a complete moron. William Hill's just offered me the shortest odds they've ever quoted for the later. 

Crikey even old Saturn can work out some basic numbers and add them up to one hundred. But then I'm picking you're one of these dopes that puts a hundred and ten percent effort into being stupid two hundred percent of the time.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Scott is a great rider, the way he uses his front brakes to set the Kalex up for corner entry is jus't great to watch. But changing the Moto2 rules is not the way to go. Heavier riders profit too in some ways. Screwing about with led on bikes from lighter riders is jus't bad. Once Scott moves up to Moto Gp he should get Unlimited Fuel much like Sic58 should have got. Sic was sometimes dangerous cause he knew his engine mapping would suffer at the end of the race. No one want's the same thing for Scott.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Guessability factor again Rev - weigh heaviest rider plus bike - make that minimum weight - all lighter riders - add weight plus bike to match heaviest rider plus bike = all riders plus bikes same weight.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Rev

Maths never been a strong point with me - hence basic interpretations.  My answer would be that it's almost impossible to determine a base weight using the criteria you quote    however, if Cornball has the maths then perhaps he can give us a clue.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

cornbowl

Are you feverishly trawling through Google looking for an answer ?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices