Skip to content

Discuss This Ryuichi Kiyonari in line for shock MotoGP deal in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ryuichi Kiyonari in line for shock MotoGP deal in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ryuichi Kiyonari in line for shock MotoGP deal in 2013

Triple British Superbike champion Ryuichi Kiyonari could be make a shock switch to MotoGP in 2013 to spearhead development of Honda’s new RC213V 1000cc production racer. HRC plans to sell production versions of its factory RC213V prototype machine in 2014 at a price of around £800,000 in a bid to offer an affordable and competitive alternative to the current CRT machines. It...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 November 2012 10:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

a new player

who is the misspiggy? is that you stig08?? or is someone at you on behalf on benny boy bababaaaa?

anyways about the thread, seems kiyo has been thrown a lifeline as i think some other superbike stars will as the so called called prototypes we are seeing fill the gp grids and more superbike based now due to the gap close, sucks but still racing so im happy either way, brits do better on superbikes anyways but then q mr crutchlow.

Reply to this Topic
MissStiggy

Nov 12

MissStiggy says:

Foggy ...

... it's tricky, but I'll give you a clue - Dovi owns Crutchlow, and Stig is a gross disappointment. 

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

MissSticky-Rev

Rev Benny, I'd have thought they'd shoved Kiyo back into BSB, but then Kiyo, unlike you, didn't do so well with a hard one in the rear, now go to bed and bring another account out of your box, BaaaBaaaaBaaa

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

evenin' all

Who's turn is it in the barrel tonight ?

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Rev haha

Who dobbed you this time as honestly is wasn't me been too busy working 2 jobs for me track time next year,well I do prefer that name anyways,enjoy the last round dude. Dovi and cal will battle I'm sure.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Haven't Aprilia done almost the exact same thing first by supplying a ready made CRT machine for teams to buy, which just happens to be the best CRT bike on the grid, what are we going to get if HRC introduce this bike next season, a four tier championship of factory, satellite, CRT and production.

Have to agree with nostro about HRC in Moto3. It's only a 250 four stroke single engine that all the top japanese manufacturers supply in motocross and yet only they and KTM have bothered to develop one for use in Moto3. Nothing stopping Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki from doing the same or even having privateer teams using factory engines and Kalex/Suter frames.

I'm also with nostro about the introduction of the type 33 tyre. Ducati couldn't solve their front end problem so maybe Bridgestone, Rossi is their development rider BTW, were asked to have a go to get Rossi up the sharp end and boost those flagging attendances, sponsorships and tv deals. It might not be true but it's the way businesses are run. Safety wasn't an issue at all with the type 31, all the teams built their new 1000's around it and it worked a treat in winter testing for everyone but Ducati.

Wonder what bike Rossi rides when doing his Bridgestone development, it surely can't be the Desmocedici for if it was then his input must have been pretty crap, then again Ducati have been getting that input for the last two seasons so..................

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Hate to say this but this site is a joke thanks to that silly dick who goes by the names of RevFlobHmmmm come on MCN get up of your asses and deal with this pathetic mess this idiot has turned the site into.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Hang on

Dorna and  Bridgestone were asked to get Rossi up the front to boost  poor attendances?? Yamaha were leaned on to give him a works ride next year.??

I`ve been reading on here that he`s crap. A second rate midpack rider. Why would they bother with him? 

Just wondering. I always thought he was ok.

Reply to this Topic
Carmelo

Nov 12

Carmelo says:

A non-starter.

This is just another cynical attempt by Nakamoto to further destabilise MotoGP.

Should Honda decide to manufacture this 'production RC213V' and attempt to introduce it into MotoGP, the entry will first need to be classified as being either CRT or prototype - in accordance with current rules.

The Grand Prix Commission (GPC) consisting of the MSMA (representing the manufacturers), IRTA (representing the teams), Dorna (representing the series organiser) and the FIM (representing the sanctioning body and international federation) will decide if an entry is CRT or prototype. All four members of the GPC have to agree unanimously.

If a 'production RC213V' entry is determined to be prototype, then the 'four bike prototype rule' will be enforced, and Honda will need to decide whether or not to use the new entry in place of some or all of it's current RC213V entries.

If it is deemed to be a CRT entry, then any member of the MSMA (existing or future eg. Suzuki, BMW) will be able to claim the engine and gearbox from the entrant for just 20,000 euro's - a very inexpensive way to acquire technology that has cost Honda many tens of millions of yen to develop.

But as series organiser, Dorna also reserve the right to reject any team entry that is felt not to be in the best interests of MotoGP.

In the same way that we heavily 'influence' the placement of riders in teams eg. Rossi, then so we also 'influence' the machinery used in our series.

Production RC213V CRT entries would undermine our entire CRT project, and it would also place Honda in a position of strength in terms of grid numbers - this will not be allowed to happen.

Perhaps there may be room for compromise - but that would depend upon Honda accepting our proposed control ECU and lower rev limit. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
alisdairm

Aug 09

alisdairm says:

Six weeks ago in MCN they claimed that Honda were developing a RCV for the road. This could be the basis for the CRT machine titled a "Production RCV"?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices