Skip to content

Discuss This MV Brutale 800 announced First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > MV Brutale 800 announced

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West, Executive Editor  says:

MV Brutale 800 announced

This is the brand new MV Agusta Brutale 800 – a new three-cylinder roadster based on the Brutale 675, fitting between it and the bigger, four-cylinder 1090 Brutales and set to challenge the likes of Triumph’s updated 675 Speed Triple, Kawasaki’s new Z800 and Ducati’s 800 Monster. Not only does the enlarged three cylinder engine produce significantly more power than the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 November 2012 13:09)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

well again my man

get it right

before  bloor got them  triumph went bust  a few times  them meriden came along at the cost of bsa norton villiers ccm .. a polly called anthony wedgwood been chucked shitloads of taxpayers cash  at trumpy

and even when bloor took them over again taxpayers money went into the deal

mv folded back in the 60s the only time but mv agusta never went bust as such they carried on making the best helicopters and still do

i had a speed triple and a american  the speed trip with in 2 yrs needed 2 gearboxes  the frame needed striping a repainting elect pritty dodgey  the american brakes failed and had to be replaced twice  front shocks colapsed

and the finish was crap

before you start i think trumpies are great bikes but the real trumpies are better.. and i dont slag of  bike unless i have first hand knoweledge /owned it

my mv got in 2005 from new  ecu and fuel system failed within 6 months of getting it  since then nothing has gone wrong the same as all my m8s who have MV s ... but i also have m8s with trumpies and none of those have had trouble .. who told you about there so called reputation

proberly from you m8 sisters boyfreind gay lovers brothers mum s auntys dogwalkers  poop picker uper mate

so what im trying to say m8 you dont no what your talking about typical new wave trumpie owner

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

btutale r!

Well what you are trying to say is hard to tell as your English(?) is kindergarten level and I don't know anyone who has had a prob with Triumphs since the frame probs in the late 90's. I know of 1 MV dealer within 100 miles of my house and if they were a good bet, there would be a lot more. The probs you talk about with Triumph are ancient history and were with another management entirely. This latest company has done nothing but improved from day one! Can't say the same for MV!

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Torque

Well, MV finally figured out that a naked bike should have an engine with more low-end and mid-range torque than a race-replica. Just taking the fairings off a race-replica, swapping the handlebars, and calling it a street-fighter is stupid, as the former are optimized for the track and not the street.

Reply to this Topic
kevinschwantz

Sep 10

MV Brutale 800

Switchable engine mapping and eight-way switchable traction control? Is it a bike or an ipad?

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

kev m8

i totaly agreeto many gizzmos

but  nearly all new bikes have so many tech gizzmos on them you need a degree just to start them

gone are the days when you jump on and ride .....todays bikes you need to work out what type of rd  how many feet above sea lvl  am i going to have a bit of a race ....by the time thats done days over lol

steve m8

a mates trip is in team moto at the moment with the same problems

the american was only 3 yrs ago so its not history is it

MV is a small producer you dont expect them to have a dealership on every street corner they tried this ...back in 2010 MV cut back on there dealers world wide ..to help keep service costs down and a more personal service ..... this has worked so well  that Ducati Triumph and Hyosung are looking at following MV

as for you last bit about improvement not sure what your on about

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

brutale r!!

By improvement, I meant their success. As the years have gone by, Triumph have established more dealers and a bigger range of bikes, most of which have had glowing reviews. What I don't understand is why you think less dealers and a smaller range of bikes is a good idea. How are MV supposed to make profits with less sales? Their electronics are too complicated for a road bike, all those power modes simply are not necessary on a road bike and I don't believe people will keep changing them, just as many manufacturers are putting less suspension adjustment on bikes because they are right first time and only rear preload when carrying passengers or luggage is needed. If you need to change the power mode, use your right hand to do it! When I bought my Tiger this year, I had to wait over 2 weeks for it coz the factory can't cope with demand, they can't sell them fast enough. I don't think MV will ever experience that with any of their models.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Fewer Dealers?

I think MV Agusta, Ducati, and Triumph need fewer dealers. The idea of a 10-hour, 475-mile round trip for any type of dealer service appeals to me, so even farther and longer would be better.

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

steve

just read a few months back on mcn

how readers ( to be honest most were trumpie owners)where saying MV were shite because they can not keep up with demand on their range but thats ok for trumpie but not for anyone else

as with dealers MV cut its dealers down to give a better service more personal  .. i can take my bike to any MV dealer in the world and all my settings and bike info are on MVnet ....only three makers/ service have this

as for product range MV went from a F4 750 and a basic B4 750 to a range of about 8 not inc the tambo range

dont get me wrong trumpy make dam good bikes im not digging at them maybe most of the modern owners but not the bike .. lets be honest most modern trumpie owners think if it aint a trumpie it is crap (isnt that the same as most brain dead hardley riders)

but you nothing about MV or its pedigree the thing is i do know the trumpy pedigree and its history and the MV history

so SSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

brutale r!!! again!

Put yourself in the position of an MV owner who lives 5 miles from his dealer, then tell him that dealer is closing down, but its for his own good and  the good of the marque. Tell him he then has to travel 50 miles to his nearest dealer. How would you feel?

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

again m8

i had a dealer 15mins from my house  i now ride 115ks to the gold coast or 95 to the sunny coast about  an 1hr +

no dramas m8 ... i like riding my bike also if i need a part urgent its either sent down or a m8 can pick it up

can not see any problems not in this day and age

steve mate all i can say is stop trying to make excuses that u fucked up and got a trumpy next time get a real bike like an MV no regrets then

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices