Skip to content

Ask an Expert Transfer NCD to Car.. Young Driver Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > Transfer NCD to Car.. Young Driver

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

33kerryhouse

Apr 12

33kerryhouse says:

Transfer NCD to Car.. Young Driver

So, I passed my Car test last Monday.. Yeah thanks..

All the excitement soon fizzed out when I was given the quotes online. Ok I am 24 but what is the logic for the cheapest insurer charging me £3000 for a bloody third party insurance. I have given up my plan to buy a car at the moment and when i get my first NCD after i complete 1 yr on my bike in Feb 13, I hope to use that on car and I hope that will scale the premium down,, Any advices

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 November 2012 16:25)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

n.c.b

Some ins com will and some won`t,does your ins com insure car drivers? Ring round for a better quote.

Reply to this Topic
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

classic cars

cost next to nothing to insure even for youngsters, less than a tenth what you pay to cover disposable modern hatch, and if old enough road tax is free.  Of course they're not safe to crash, not necessarily reliable to pile the miles on, but it could be a useful no claims builder and snowy day backup plan?

Some insurers will match a year of no claims bike discount, sorry can't remember which, but as far as I know this is essentially gifted to you - much like introductory no claims discounts sometimes offered to get you in - I don't believe you are using the bike's NCD so you can continue to build that too - best of both worlds?

Reply to this Topic
jackpage15

Jan 13

jackpage15 says:

Tesco

Hi there, I was looking into the same thing recently (25 years old, riding bikes for 5 years, would cost me £2000 to insure a 1 litre polo)

I gave up on it too, but I did find out that Tesco will allow you to use your motorcycle no-claims bonus on a car policy; I think you may have to phone them for a quote though.

Hope this helps.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices