Ask an Expert Mufflers For My Bonnie Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Mufflers For My Bonnie

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

badcompanybiker

Mar 12

Mufflers For My Bonnie

Was thinking about saving up for a pair of mufflers for my '06 bonneville t100 , these ones to be exact: http://www.newbonneville.com/html/sprint_mufflers.html 

what I would like to know is , what are the technical implications of fitting these ? \Firstly are they easy to fit or are you best sticking it in a garage and letting them do it for you ? and also would any other parts of the bike have to tuned for them ? such as the carbs rebalancing for the amount of air/fuel needed ? and lastly just a curiosity , are restrictors able to be put in once aftermarket parts are installed on the exhaust system ?
Thanks,
BCB

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 November 2012 21:02)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

Mufflers

Sounds American apart from muff diving:shock:,

Don`t know really but make sure that there`s no (not for road use) stamped on them,also if you have a centre stand will this work with them,if you remove the baffles don`t come and live near me.

If you do you may have to rejet so keep a watch on that spark plug.

Also try a Trumpet forum.

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Jaffa90

,if you remove the baffles don`t come and live near me.:upset:

LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: like it.

Reply to this Topic
badcompanybiker

Mar 12

no

I don't want it rediciulously loud , I just want more grunt , and mufflers are the only way I can think of doing it , I don't want it any louder than 85db drive by. Covert ninja style :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
badcompanybiker

Mar 12

no

I don't want it rediciulously loud , I just want more grunt , and mufflers are the only way I can think of doing it , I don't want it any louder than 85db drive by. Covert ninja style :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Triumph Bonneville T100 2006

Hi BCB

If its just a bit more grunt you want try dropping a tooth on the engine drive sprocket,you will lose some top end speed an you may find the engine revving a bit higher when cruising and you could also lose a bit of MPG.But if you don't use the top end speed that much,and you would be more comfortable with a wee bit more bottom end acceleration then this could be a cheap and easier way to go?.Good Luck

KCMC:tongue:  

Reply to this Topic
badcompanybiker

Mar 12

thanks

thanks il give that some thought :sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN