Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Are you bothered by your bike's fuel consumption figures? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Are you bothered by your bike's fuel consumption figures?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Are you bothered by your bike's fuel consumption figures?

Is MPG important to you and do you ride accordingly, or do you only pay attention to your fuel when the light comes on? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 November 2012 12:14)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ovski

Nov 10

Ovski says:

A necessity on a Firestorm!

Only managed to get 70miles to a tank when I was on my old Firestorm so yes, it was always at the back of my mind. Fortunately she is with a new owner and my 'blade is more economical so its not something I think about a great deal now.

The VTR was the only bike I've had where I'd worry about the fuel consumption. That said, the engine braking in 2nd gear was ridiculously enjoyable.......

Reply to this Topic
Cypher6

Jul 11

Cypher6 says:

MPL

I agree completely with Foggie996, figures in MPL would be extremely handy. I ride a ZX9r all year round, and I have to say she really isn't too bad. I calculate my own MPL figures for her and average around 10MPL more on a run. When using the bike for work I am conscious about my throttle use and revs, keeping her under 5k most of the time. That said when I fill the tank for a weekend thrash with the boys, I really couldn't care less! It all depends on what I'm using her for...

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

Pah

As it happens my sprint is ok on the rocket fuel but if it wasnt i wouldnt care i didnt get into bikes to go on an economy drive,most of my early bikes were yamaha rd two strokes.rd200/rd250/rd350/rd400.loved em..

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Not a pov, not bothered

People who obsess over economy and costs are missing out on a lot of the bliss of ignorance.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

BEST TO HAVE TWO

Best to have two bikes if you can afford it . my suzuki drz is pretty good on fuel. About 65mpg  On the other hand my bandit is only 30mpg which i think is poor, Their has got to be a nich in the market for a common rail turbo diesel bike. My corsa has a 1250cc diesel it does 70mpg and is quicker than most equivalant petrol cars  

Reply to this Topic
Krisrexter

Aug 10

Krisrexter says:

Consumption bothers me but it doesn't change the way I ride just the bikes I own. What I would like more is larger fuel tank ontop of better MPG (would prefer MPL) Suzuki vstrom great for commute does 200 miles on tank deauville similar. New Honda nc great mpg 15 litre tank they could have put a bigger tank in it would have made the pillion seat bigger as a good side effect could maybe do a whole weeks commute on one tank

Reply to this Topic
ninja12

Dec 03

ninja12 says:

Didn`t Buy My ZZR1400 for economy !!!!!!!!!! , but I do get 40mpg (thats what the bike tells me? ) on a long steady run  (not many of them !)

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

i my try and work out the MPL of my bike to see if its ok.  when you buy a bike why dont they tell you how many miles per tank it will do.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

100mpg

Mine only gets 100(ish)mpg, so yes I am bothered because it is supposed to be able to do more.

I wouldn't buy any bike that can't do a real world 80mpg

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

just worked out my bikes a bmw r100gs does 12.3810 MPL for uk  or 56.2847 mpg for the US

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices