Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Are you bothered by your bike's fuel consumption figures? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Are you bothered by your bike's fuel consumption figures?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Are you bothered by your bike's fuel consumption figures?

Is MPG important to you and do you ride accordingly, or do you only pay attention to your fuel when the light comes on? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 November 2012 12:14)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

No, because..

..both my bikes are more recreational and get >35 mpg in real world traffic. I carpool otherwise so I'm happy with my overall fuel consumption. If I had only a bike I'd still be OK with it as my cars can only get slightly better than half that in the same driving.

Reply to this Topic
britri123

Dec 07

britri123 says:

How could anyone not be bothered by fuel consumption unless you are a Lottery winner or David Cameron? The more miles per Gallon, the more riding you can do, simples.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

mpg, mpl, £pg, vpl.....

omg, lol!

Reply to this Topic
max748

May 12

max748 says:

restricted

my restricted 748 uses 9L/100km (31 mpg i think) i'm pretty sure that running with less air than it's supposed to makes it worse. so, notice to anyone restricting a big bike - don't expect it to be more economical than the unrestricted version.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Yes, I've looked at fuelly, rlf3

And the CBR250R's mean, median and mode all look to be about 82mpg.  That's at best marginally better than the reported numbers for the NC700X.  A 166kg 250 versus a 225kg 675 with twice the power and three times the torques, drinking fuel at the same rate within the margin of bullshit[*]?  Consider me unimpressed.

[*] There's the usual crop of fantasists skewing the high figures, of course - do you believe the chap who's claiming 182mpg for his NC700X?  If not, why believe the 105mpg claim for the CBR?

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Just a thought...

I think that fuel consumption figures should be based on RPY.(Rides per Year) which would make most 1000cc Sportsbikes the most economical bikes ever produced.

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

How can anybody..........

...........give a yes or no answer to a stupid question like this? Even a millionaire doesn't like being ripped off with sky high pump prices even if he could afford it. I try not to let high prices stop me from going out but that doesn't mean I like paying them. Better mileage would always be welcome but not the be all and end all of deciding whether to buy a certain bike. So, my answer would be yes but...... and no but......

Reply to this Topic
pockets2008

Sep 12

pockets2008 says:

Nope

I ride a Rocket 3. Can't really say I brought it thinking that'll do great mpg/mpl. Still wouldn't swap it for anything.

Reply to this Topic
sar02

Aug 10

sar02 says:

My bike is an FJR 1300, on a run i average about 50/54 mpg, this is not unusual as other fjr riders report the same mpg. What has always suprised me is that considering the weight of the bike and rider my Audi 2ltdi does better to the gallon with the car fully loaded.

Reply to this Topic
daveire

Sep 10

daveire says:

My sv650 track bike uses less petrol on a track day than my jeep and trailer going to the track. My bikes fuel consumption is great haven't a clue how many miles per gallon but plenty of smiles per gallon. If only my 2.5 dsl jeep was as good.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices