Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Are you bothered by your bike's fuel consumption figures? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Are you bothered by your bike's fuel consumption figures?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Are you bothered by your bike's fuel consumption figures?

Is MPG important to you and do you ride accordingly, or do you only pay attention to your fuel when the light comes on? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 November 2012 12:14)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
telll

Mar 12

telll says:

I Am!

I have quite a large diesel car and get around 46mpg, my bike does not a lot more, why? With the cost of fuel it is about time manufacturers started to think about consumption!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Richnotrich

Apr 11

Richnotrich says:

Bothered

No

Reply to this Topic
De Puniet

Sep 08

De Puniet says:

Cost & Environment

My Tiger 800 averages 54-56mpg for most tanks of fuel and thats included having my wife and top box fully loaded on the back. I care because the one downside to bikes is that they use fossil fuels with the associated problems and the fact that I loate giving money to the most unethical, cash rich companies in the world, the oil companies. I just try not to use my bike all the time. I choose not to own a car. Its pretty sad with technological advances in other areas that we can still only avaerage the emasly figures we get at the minute for most mainstream vehicles.

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

My brothers & myself never bothered about the bikes fuel consumption back in the 50s and 60s , we did more miles on oily unreliable old bikes that now you would not go to the corner shop on . But even large Brit. bikes did loads to the gallon  . If you worry about the m.p.g. on a big modern motorcycle you need to get another form of transport [a diesel car]  or another hobby . My  fuel  consumption on my Goldwing  double / adult  outfit  was horrendous especially loaded with trailer  fitted for  Isle of Man , my  V8  American Ford L.T.D  which I owned at the same time was cheaper to run ,if driven sensible . Compare wages now to the average wage in the 60s , then compare petrol prices to both weekly wages - you should find petrol  prices are no higher now than then , apart from diesel being much more expensive ,which would only matter if you own a Royal Enfield bullet diesel  ! .

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

in the end yes

cause a 675 with 30ish mpg is a lot more fun than a R1 with 15mpg

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Onlly used in summer so

it may not be good on mpg but spread over the year no problem.How , why  Do I justify that ? Well being a summer biker n proud I get my kicks in warm weather and as other contributors have stated cars are boring ( being in a car all day with my job ) they offer just practicality eg keeps me dry n warm in winter.So for a few months a year I get total pleasure so I just cannot grizzle about mpg ! Would a diesel bike really give you that buzz ?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices