Skip to content

General Boring thread Utility bills?? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Boring thread Utility bills??

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Boring thread Utility bills??

I have been following my bills through out the past year and is it me and my usage but my electric far outweighs my gas.

I'm gas central heating with solar hot water, gas hob and electric for everything else.

My latest bill arrived today and my electric was 305.00 for a quarter and my gas at 101.00.  I don't heat upstairs as I live in a chalet bungalow and the heat finds it's way upstairs ok, plus it's my daughter who lives upstairs and she's out during the day and she doesn't deserve heat as well as everything else:lol:

Is there such a big difference in the price of gas and electric?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 November 2012 12:20)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I might have to resort

to smashing up the furniture and burning it that at this rate, mines capped until 2013 when hopefully someone will give these energy companies a bit of a kicking:upset:

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

My gas always seems to be higher than my leccy.

I only use the gas to heat water and the house when I am there.

My cooking is done on electric.

I just think they slam my gas bill over the winter as I dont use it at all in the summer as I just use the electric shower and dont heat any water.  Seems to me they try and make the most out of people over the winter that have low gas consumption in the summer.

And if people think it is not possible for them to fudge the bills how they see fit. Wake up and smell the coffee. These robbing c*nts will do what ever it takes to keep their £300 billion PROFIT intact.......... W*ankers. :mad:

Hope that livened it up a bit..... :huh:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Glad someone sees my point

my bills just don't make sense.  Last year I put an oil fill radiator in my conservatory, only on low just so as I could use the room all year through.  It knocked a 1000.00 onto my bill.No word of a lie. I hit the roof.

This year have put a wood burner in it at least then I can see what money I'm burning:shock:

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

BB

Check your insulation.  We use 600 quids worth of oil and approx 350 worth electric ALL YEAR. 

I have also got a wood burner, it seems to heat more than the room its in at roughly half the log usage of the open fire we had previously. 
We shower mostly, so don't heat water when we won't use it.  Boil kettle for washing up etc. All cooking done on electric as no gas where we live.

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

babyblade...

time to do a bit of 'clock watching'.Your  Gas should usually be higher in the winter than electric especially if you are using solar for hot water. During daylight switch everything off that uses electricity and see if your meter stops ticking over.then switch items on one at a time.start with lights and work your way up to kettles and irons etc...It sounds like you might be running a laundry if your bill goes up like that....when you say a thousand for the oil filled do you mean units or pounds?:shock:

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"units"

Oi, keep me out of this.:mad::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

are

pre units when you pay in advance? :unsure:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I might take your advice

oldish, I'm usually energy conscious, but this leccy lark is getting out of hand.

It could be a tumble dryer that's causing a problem possibly as that's on 2 - 3 times a day:shock:

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

yup,

that'd be it BB, tumble dryers are one of the worst culprits for gobbling up the leccie..:mellow:..    on which subject, I reckon our neighbour tumble dries his Bowls in his !!  :wacko:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

right

digging out the washing line tomorrow. Just paid the bill so I shall see how little I can use it and see if that makes a difference.

Wheres my pegs??

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices