Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Will Rossi give Lorenzo something to worry about in 2013? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: Will Rossi give Lorenzo something to worry about in 2013?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Will Rossi give Lorenzo something to worry about in 2013?

After a disappointing two years at Ducati, Valentino Rossi returns to Yamaha for 2013, but will he be able to rekindle the magic that saw him take four MotoGP world titles with the manufacturer? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 November 2012 12:26)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Calfan

Oct 12

Calfan says:

Question

Will Rossi pose a threat to Lorenzo in 2013 Answer Pose Yes Threat No

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

No-one can know how Rossi will fare in 2013 but on the strength of the fact he himself has said he's not as fast as JL & DP I've said "no". He should know what he's talking about & he's all out of mind games (& should probably concentrate on getting his own mind back into gear). Good luck Rossi... you're gonna need it. We need some racing & it looks like you're the main man to bridge the gap to the 2 remaining Aliens.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Rossi

Rossi has never said he's not as fast as Jorge or Dani, he's said he's not sure if he is still fast enough to beat them, that's a big difference.

I'm sure Rossi will win races, not sure on a title though.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

He should know what he's talking about & he's all out of mind games

Do you think so, or is that just the start of another round? Stating himself as the underdog, he can't lose. If he loses on track he hasn't fallen short of expectation, if he wins then it's a great comeback.

Personally, I only ever thought his ''mind games'' took in the media rather than other riders.

Real news must be in short supply this week.....

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Rossi

Any highly talented rider on good machinery should give the others something to worry about. 

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

To be honest ...

... I'd like to say 'yes' but the correct answer is 'no'.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Nope

Rossi may (which is not a certain) win the odd race here or there but the smart money is on Jorge and Dani to fight for the title.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Will Rossi give Lorenzo something to think about in 2013 answer to that is no fact of the matter is JL has made the M1 his own bike.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Yes.

Rossi's a wily old fox, still capable of fighting with the best of them. For me his race craft was never in doubt, just his over inflated reputation for developing a bike...

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Bulto...

Do I think he should know what he's talking about?... dunno... after the Ducati debacle one would tend towards not, but he is a 9 times champ... yup, he should... whether he does or not remains to be seen.

Do I think he's all out of mind games?... yes... his interviews are all downbeat & his head's been in a bad place for a time now.

I do agree, it's a hell of a lot better than boasting about how good you are... even after joining Ducati he publicly set goals such as to be within a sec of the Aliens... which he subsequently failed (probably because they knew that's what they had to beat). Saying you're crap means you can only get better. Cool.

Trumpet - recently - "I think Lorenzo and Pedrosa will be the strongest because they are racing at such a high level. I don't yet know if I can go as quick as them." - confirms what you say...

...but a few months ago... "For me, now, Lorenzo and Stoner also ride better than me, but maybe with Pedrosa and Spies it is not impossible, you know?"

So yeah... he has said Lorenzo rides better than him (not DP though) but it's how he rides next year that will determine this whole question.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices