Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Will Rossi give Lorenzo something to worry about in 2013? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: Will Rossi give Lorenzo something to worry about in 2013?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Will Rossi give Lorenzo something to worry about in 2013?

After a disappointing two years at Ducati, Valentino Rossi returns to Yamaha for 2013, but will he be able to rekindle the magic that saw him take four MotoGP world titles with the manufacturer? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 November 2012 12:26)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dozyhonda

Jun 06

dozyhonda says:

He should be concerned

I would say that if  Vale does for Yamaha what he has done for Ducati over the past two years then Lorenzo whould be very worried. Who wants a championship winning bike getting slower and more difficult to handle? I can't see what Vale can bring to the party?  Experience is always being touted but he took that to Ducati, and where did that get him and the bike. If we see him in scraps for third and fourth places next season with Lorenzo way out in front then he will have achieved very little.

Reply to this Topic
chipsandgravy

Feb 11

Rossi

will absolutely be highly competitive, but JL was made of stern stuff while they were team mates, and has come on in leaps and bounds since. He is the worthiest of champions and if Rossi thinks his so called mind games will work he's sorely mistaken. All that crap about titles being gifts....utter pathetic comments from sore losers!

But as a side note, Marco woulda flogged all these guys anyway, and in style!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Motegi..

Yeah, C&G..Stern stuff indeed.

Have you seen the post Motegi '10 interviews with Lorenzo?

Blubbing and choking to the camera's after telling tales to Yamaha management.."Rossi is dangerous, he has form with Gibernau and Stoner. I was fighting for the championship. He should have let me through.."

Lorenzo is a cocky little prick. The championship was his. His pride got him involved when he should have settled for 4th but he wanted to prove a point, or so he thought.

What he did prove, is that he was still a boy when he won that first title..and Val was the man.

Lorenzo has never beaten Rossi in a last lap dust-up to this day..and they both know it.

Fk..even Pedrosa owned him at Brno this year.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

WORRY? ...

The only way he could make JL nervous is if him and his "friend",ouchio,turned up with shotgun`s and vaseline!

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

doesn't riding a difficult bike make it easier to go fast on a good un? imo it does

Reply to this Topic
stompmyduke

Mar 08

stompmyduke says:

The continuing story.....

Jorge knows he is about to become another instalment in the continuing soap of Rossi . Although he stated at first that he did not care about Rossi's return, it seems (from what he has said) that this is now eating at him. Due to some strokes of luck he has taken the title, which was unlikely to have been the case otherwise. The vision of him tailing the Hondas (especially Dani) instead of going for it, leads one to suspect that it is him that has lost it, not Rossi (you can knock old man Vale over, but you can't keep him down). Both riders will have to fight hard to beat the Hondas, and I can't see Jorge holding up on his own. At Valencia we will learn what Jorgie boy will be able to do for next year. If he's lucky Dani, at least, will cack himself at the thought of two fast Yams on track.

Reply to this Topic
chipsandgravy

Feb 11

God

what IS IT with Rossi fan boys and living in the past...."do you recall Motegi 2010", "do you recall Laguna Seca 2008". As I said, utter pathetic comments from sore losers.

For comparative purposes, do YOU recall the past 2 fkn seasons numbskulls!!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Bring Back........

The post race theatrics Jorge, a preemptive shot over the bow this weekend would be a nice start.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Of course he'll be worried, a fit Rossi battered him with consummate ease in 2009(injured all 2010), despite all the jorge 'taking it too him' Rossi beat him by a 100 points. As big a win as against anyone in his career. Though Rossi is no longer a spring chicken and things will be different. On the upside the bike will be better than it has been these last few seasons.. By all rights Jorge should have been hammered this year the honda is so much better than the yam.. How has casey lost this year given the hondas abilities and his own leg end, I'm fucked if I know, but something clearly doesn't add up and it's not the honda if you ask Dani.... Still Rossi will be in the fight for the podium every single race next year without question. Whether Yam can improve the bike with Jorge as lead rider(not alot of evidence to support that) is another question, given a full season with the honda like that and no stoner getting in the way occasionally Dani will be a tough nut to crack... Rossi to take over full development duties at the first Valencia test.

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

Huge lean

Are you for real??? The last sentence was priceless...I'm sure Yamaha would be up for that!!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices