Skip to content

Discuss This Jerry Burgess talks Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerry Burgess talks Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerry Burgess talks Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi will end his Ducati nightmare by jumping back on a factory Yamaha YZR-M1 machine during next week’s MotoGP test at the Valencia circuit in Spain.The Italian’s move back to Yamaha will also see the nine-times world champion continue his long-standing relationship with crew chief Jerry Burgess, which began back in 2000. The pair won four world titles and 46...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (06 November 2012 15:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wallymann

Aug 10

wallymann says:

i would love to know

what would jeremy do to the ducati if he called the shots and controlled the purse-strings?  what would he change about the ill-mannered duck that hasnt been done already?

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

The wall

I wonder if they'll bring back the garage wall .... Wouldn't want JL to get any advantages :)

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

The wall

I wonder if they'll bring back the garage wall .... Wouldn't want JL to get any advantages :)

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

Burgess

I wonder if he will get the m1 faster than the honda in 90 seconds !

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

The 'great' JB ...

... has a lot to prove. Rossi isn't the only 'legend' to have emerged from the Ducati wreckage with his reputation in tatters.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Yamaha

don't reopen their doors to a rider and crew, unless they consider they have the potential of returning to the top spot on the podium. Yamaha want another world title, and there's only going to be Lorenzo or Rossi that can give it to them.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Cornfed

Yamaha want a sponsor. They now have one.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Spaceytracey

that doesn't say much for Lorenzo then does it, Yamaha want Rossi, his name sells bikes on a global scale, either way Yamaha benefit, and everybody wins, oh apart from Lorenzo, that is. 

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Another pretty measured assessment from the legendary JB with a track record any other crew chief the world over will envy. In a bike career spanning  30 odd years winning multiple world championships with different riders and different manufacturers……..it has always seemed rather strange that a certain few only remember his ’90 second fix’ comment. It almost sounds like those people have never yet made a mistake in life.What is the big deal? he got something wrong, I know it's rare but even JB isn't perfect. 
My thoughts about Rossi on the first test– he will probably be closer to the front than  7th to 10th and will be much less than a second off the leader. If he’s way off then maybe the doubters can rejoice and Vale is just past his best. Maybe the Ducati is brilliant and Dovi will be ahead of Crutchlow in the test and leave Valencia in the top 3. As the riders get used to their new bikes over the four tests I’m sure we’ll start to have a decent picture before racing starts again.
Motogp desperately needs closer racing and i suspect Rossi will be regularly on the podium and playing his part in better racing. Marquez is someone who will certainly add to the pot next year, sometimes good and sometimes bad I suspect, but he is a welcome addition to the class so badly in need of some extra spark.

Reply to this Topic
cossie748

Dec 07

cossie748 says:

Rossi....... The legend returns!!!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle