Skip to content

Discuss This Jerry Burgess talks Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerry Burgess talks Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerry Burgess talks Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi will end his Ducati nightmare by jumping back on a factory Yamaha YZR-M1 machine during next week’s MotoGP test at the Valencia circuit in Spain.The Italian’s move back to Yamaha will also see the nine-times world champion continue his long-standing relationship with crew chief Jerry Burgess, which began back in 2000. The pair won four world titles and 46...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 November 2012 15:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

Hi Buelligan

Sounds like you're getting the excuses for Rossi in early??  :D

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Hi Cameron

Nope no excuses.If he does not come top 3 next season barring injuries etc then he may have lost some of what he had but there is no shame in that.
All I really want is to see some better racing and I think if Rossi is competitive and once Marquez gets to grip then things might liven up a bit.

Reply to this Topic
jackinthebox

Dec 11

jackinthebox says:

mr

no I do not but then I dont go writing reels of drivel every other day.
How you can call someone else a buffoon when you are clearly not the full shilling.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Really?

Every other day? And I'd like to see you substantiate the shilling comment too.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Buell...

"Even if he is not in the top 3 at the test does it really matter? It will be his first time on the bike and he may or may not take a little time to adapt."

Hmmm... last time he moved to a decent bike, Yamaha 2004, he beat his own Honda lap record on the 1st day of testing & went on to win the 1st race & the championship... that may be the Rossi we used to know, but if he isn't that rider now it will be equally indicative... I think it may be more telling.

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Hedge ...

... 'equally indicative' and 'more telling' - of what exactly?

Surely there's only one constant and too many variables?

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

BB & Hedgy

Good points and very well presented. Here's a hypothetical for you, for the borderline brainers please don't respond, if Usain Bolt signed a watertight contract with Diadora for spikes that suddenly at the first testing of revealed a a 1+sec plus deficit what would happen? If further testing and racing of said spikes revealed the deficit to remain what would happen? If Mr Bolt then went 2 years without getting close to 9.8 what would happen? Would he be able to get close to WR pace if he were suddenly given the tools but was 2yrs out of practice? For the fuckwits, no MotoGP isn't 100m sprinting, correct, but, the mindset of top flight winners is, regardless of discipline. So, what I'm saying is, is VR about to do a Schumi? Only without leaving?

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

BB & Hedgy

Good points and very well presented. Here's a hypothetical for you, for the borderline brainers please don't respond, if Usain Bolt signed a watertight contract with Diadora for spikes that suddenly at the first testing of revealed a a 1+sec plus deficit what would happen? If further testing and racing of said spikes revealed the deficit to remain what would happen? If Mr Bolt then went 2 years without getting close to 9.8 what would happen? Would he be able to get close to WR pace if he were suddenly given the tools but was 2yrs out of practice? For the fuckwits, no MotoGP isn't 100m sprinting, correct, but, the mindset of top flight winners is, regardless of discipline. So, what I'm saying is, is VR about to do a Schumi? Only without leaving?

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

BandyMandy

As usual a right load of tripe, you might has well have drawn an analogy from the last world Snooker championship, at least you would have got away with talking about a load of balls, so why don't you shut it till next week, then you'll find out, baaabaaaa .

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

One possibility overlooked

The ducati forged Stoner's talent into a formidable rider. It's possible Vale's time wrestling the Ducati may have had a positive effect on his abilities. Not saying it's happened, just that people seem pretty ready to write off the doctor. I'm prepared to lay it on the line and say he'll give Dani and Jorge a run for their money and has a serious chance of taking his tenth title in the next 2 years. That said I reckon if it's going to happen we'll know straight away- look for a rossi who looks agile on the machine and able to hang off easily, look back to 2007/8 rossi, his posture's almost froglike (he's always looked uncomfortable and awkward on the duke). As for Marquez i think he will be like the rookie Lorenzo, incredibly quick straight away, fearless, agressive and great to watch, but easy to force into an error and quick to go beyond his limits.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices