Skip to content

Discuss This Jerry Burgess talks Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerry Burgess talks Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerry Burgess talks Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi will end his Ducati nightmare by jumping back on a factory Yamaha YZR-M1 machine during next week’s MotoGP test at the Valencia circuit in Spain.The Italian’s move back to Yamaha will also see the nine-times world champion continue his long-standing relationship with crew chief Jerry Burgess, which began back in 2000. The pair won four world titles and 46...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 November 2012 15:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Pacey

the Ducati/Burgess/Rossi combination was an unknown quantity - however the M1/Burgess/Rossi combination isn't.   By the way Pacy who are you throwing your weight behind for 2013 ?  I am wondering where the Ex Stonerites will be next year.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Odds percentages whatever

Cant help but laugh at the Stoner fans/ Rossi haters who regularly post on here.

Common sense and logic saids Rossi is most like going to Podium regularly next year. On the Yamaha he was more than a match for stoner last time, The field is weak with established front runners and GP level and the factory bikes are at an all time low. Pure maths says he's in with a shout next Year.

So a 9 time champion couldnt get on with the Ducati. If they Stoner fans dropped theyre blinkers neither could he. After winning the title be started to go backwards on it, couldnt repeat his success. And yet in your eyes he was the greatest rider out there.

Ducati and its engineers just cant keep place with those of Honda and Yamaha , its simple really

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Rossi

For sure Rossi wil lwin races next season , not sure of a championship though, who can tell, we won't really know until the first race.

Also - WSB - Biaggi has announced his retirement, thought i'd mention it as MCN haven't yet.

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

To be honest ...

... I can't see Rossi winning any races next year - his confidence is in shreads.

Reply to this Topic
CAL35GP1

Oct 12

CAL35GP1 says:

Rossi has nothing to loose and everything to gain next year without too much pressure from expectation.  I reckon that all those that 'think' he will perform next year do so more out of hope than true belief but I'm with them on that.

I don't think it will go smoothly for both Loro and Pedro, the pressure is great on them - Loro will want to humiliate Rossi but expect some fairing bashing and Pedro will know that this is his best ever and possibly last ever chance of winning - one of them is going to slip up so Rossi for top 3, battling CovBoyCal.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Not so sure benny

Gotta agree with the confidence thing, but if Crutchlows turn round in fortune this year was anything to go by, stick a proven talent on board and he'l be up there. Only takes a slip or two from Lorenzo or Pedrosa and its handed to him.

Even Spies won one on the factory Yamaha, and how shit is he!!!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

To be honest ...

... CCB, nobody really knows how Rossi will fare, but he sounds dazed and confused:

"Casey was the only one rider that could be fast with the Ducati; all the other guys that tried have destroyed not only their careers, but also their minds. So congratulations to Casey.  Two years ago I didn't understand the difference between Stoner and the other Ducati riders, and after two years that I ride the Ducati I still don’t understand.

Reply to this Topic
gooey1

Aug 07

gooey1 says:

MOTOKING knows how Rossi's going to fare but he dosn't seem to be around today.  Where are you MK ?tell us about your favourite lucky ass chicken champ.

Reply to this Topic
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

BCBullock

"...To be honest ...

... I can't see Rossi winning any races next year - his confidence is in shreads..."

Good point - at this level confidence is everything.

Reply to this Topic
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

Saturn....

"... I am wondering where the Ex Stonerites will be next year..."

I'm wondering who the Rossi Fans are going to hate next year.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices