Skip to content

Discuss This Jerry Burgess talks Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerry Burgess talks Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerry Burgess talks Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi will end his Ducati nightmare by jumping back on a factory Yamaha YZR-M1 machine during next week’s MotoGP test at the Valencia circuit in Spain.The Italian’s move back to Yamaha will also see the nine-times world champion continue his long-standing relationship with crew chief Jerry Burgess, which began back in 2000. The pair won four world titles and 46...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 November 2012 15:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Cameron...

"I'm wondering who the Rossi Fans are going to hate next year."

... well for the last 2 years it's been Ducati... next year?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Equal hatred boys

I think fans of both , the real blinkered fan boys are as bad as one another.

The truth IMO on here is that if you should any level of impartuality to either rider you get hammers as a fan of either. Common sense and logic is very lacking at times in here.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Cameron

"I'm wondering who the Rossi Fans are going to hate next year."

Well, it's going to be a dilemna isn't it?  He'll be at the sharp end for sure, and as much as I'd like to see it....I just can't see him matching the pace of Lorenzo or Pedrosa.  Both of whom don't deserve any 'hating' especially Pedrosa who's gone balls out this year and not complained once.  At best he's going to be on a par with Crutchlow for the first few rounds (or at least until Mugello) but think Cal will have the initial edge... so maybe there's your answer!

I was gonna say Dovi and Cal, but unfortunately we're going to see the other eye talian shuffle down a couple of places in the rankings (shame as the battles with Cal were the ones to watch this year - even if Dovi came out on top!)

Reply to this Topic
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

Shawno

Good call.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Hate on whom?

Past 2 years its been Ducati. Next 2 will be the subject of the topic...JB. JB should have resigned himself to go fishing with his countryman post Stoner's retirement announcement. Does he really believe Rossi can re-invent 2004. I doubt it. More likely there exists a mutual dependence between the pair of them. Rossi needs him psychologically and Burgess,stupidly feels he needs Rossi as a retirement plan.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

So Jerry the dutiful and humbled employee

is just going through the motions until Rossi retires from MotoGP. Shame that, especially when MotoGP was 80% rider but now it's 30% machine. Those figures right Ear full of Corn? Or was last year 80% rider and 80% machine for Rossi's Ducati tenure?

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Nostrils

back off the bonfire then, hope the burns are feeling better, but you should've expected it with all the rubbish your full of. Wait until Wednesday, and all will be revealed, hope you've bought a shovel, because you're going to need to dig yourself a hole to hide in.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

D day

Yes the valencia test cetainly is D day for many , many people on here, and a chance to lay a big marker for the others to think about all winter for Rossi.

The GOAT image was certainly lost after the Ducati experience, but only the foolish write off a rider of Rossi's experience talent and mind games.

Why cant it be Ducati's problem? did Stoner really do that well on it after 07? His form since joining Honda points the finger at Preziosi for me.

Rossi's crime at Ducati? not turning the bike into a winner, consistent enough to win a title. guilty as charged. But wait, does he design the thing over tell them if its working or what its doing wrong.?

Stoner and Rossi have one thing in common , and that was jumping on the right bike at the right time and making the best of it.

We know the Yamaha is a sorted bike, so theres no excuses this time.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Only the mentally weak and feeble like you CCB

buy into this mind games bullshit. Do you really think a humbled and cowered mutt like Rossi is going to be able to exert mental pressure on the thoroughbred greyhounds? Deluded fool.

Found any practitioners of your new mathematical model based on idiocy yet Corn Fritter?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Nostrils

Of course I have, it's called realism. Only a coke sniffing daddy like yourself, would overlook something that you spend most of your time spouting, facts, that is that Rossi, is 9 times world champion, nothing left to prove, apart from doing it again one more time, count up the world titles of the top three MotoGP finishers, this year, and stack it up against Rossi' titles.

So who's your donkey then for next year, back the Brits that need help, why not champion Smith, you like backing loosers, now there's a guy with a chance 5% on a podium, in the next two years, 0% chance of a win in the next two years, now you're the sort of guy, that could give the Moto2 'under-achiever of the year' whilst still on a roll, just the kind of help he needs, but like you it's only the way he's going, into oblivion.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle