Skip to content

Discuss This Jerry Burgess talks Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerry Burgess talks Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerry Burgess talks Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi will end his Ducati nightmare by jumping back on a factory Yamaha YZR-M1 machine during next week’s MotoGP test at the Valencia circuit in Spain.The Italian’s move back to Yamaha will also see the nine-times world champion continue his long-standing relationship with crew chief Jerry Burgess, which began back in 2000. The pair won four world titles and 46...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (06 November 2012 15:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Nostro

You no longer post interesting or relevant posts - your constant derision of Rossi and Burgess has quite honestly become tedious.  CarCleanerBoy has a far more balanced view of reality than you. You have become an Antipodean shadow of our resident multi-personalitised saboteur.   Don't bother to reply - although from previous experience you have to have the last word.  Be careful Nostro you are a borderline sociopath.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

gooy and nostro

gooy : more than half of this thread are bias! why ? because they are the fanatic fans of 9 TIMES ASS LUCKY CHICKEN CHAMPION that don't want to see another great rider arise. so why i must post more often now? let's see next year when lorenzo KICK his ass once more like 2010.

nostro : still fighting alone eh? are you not tire? don't waste your time on them all ASS LOVER. LOL.

Reply to this Topic
DirtyHarry46

Apr 11

DirtyHarry46 says:

Moto King

See you after Tuesday Tests Asshole ..Bring your tissues along

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Let's be clear about this

Rossi will be a regular podium contender next year.  The $64 question is whether he can quickly return to full Alien status.  In my opinion he will initially be battling Marky Mark for the final podium slot, but given time he will get close to the edge again.

In fact I would be surprised if he didn't win a GP next year, and know that Rossi and JB would have this as their #1 target.  Bur what is truly a good result??? Obviously if he wins the championship he can claim that the Ducati was simply unrideable (unless you were very, very talented), and he deserves his GOAT status.   If he comes second then that would be a fine effort and set up his last year as the final showdown.  If he comes third then he still gets to retain his Alien status.  If he comes fourth or lower then I think the general feeling will be "Why did he bother?".

Running around midpack on the best handling bike on the grid is in some ways worse than being further behind on a Ducati.  Just ask Ben Spies!

Reply to this Topic
DirtyHarry46

Apr 11

DirtyHarry46 says:

Smackbum

Wise Words..Agreed to every one of them

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

SmackB...

To be honest any rider deserves Alien status if he's up there competing for wins... I couldn't care less where Rossi is in the championship so long as he proves he's got what it takes to run at the front again. A distant 3rd, half a second off the pace per lap at each race & picking up opportune points when a true Alien falls off does not constitute Alien status.

IMO Hayden was border line in 2006... over a 3rd of his races were around 10 secs+ off the winning pace, only 2 wins, 2 FL's & one pole. But over a half were closer (some not much) so he just about qualifies (in my mind, of course). Consistency was his secret while his nearest opponent had 4 race crashes in the one season but won over twice as many races... a true Alien back then.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Thought motoking of ass and nostro were the same person??.....

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Moto Thing

you ZERO TIMES ASS CHICKEN CHAMPION LOSER  why do you bother ? Your english vocabulary is insufficient for you to post anything that makes sense. it's all incoherent drivel.  You noee understandee   Cookie Boy !

Reply to this Topic
CAL35GP1

Oct 12

CAL35GP1 says:

Don't be so beastly to motoking.  The views of our biker brethren around the globe should be welcomed and embraced.  I for one enjoy motoking's comments and colourful insults.  I bet you couldn't comment in Malay, Thai or Turkish or whatever he/she is.

Reply to this Topic
mozart

Nov 10

mozart says:

saturn392

meet me in the car park for a chat about your superior vocab,

We all feel like we should have been at Oxbridge for 17 years, listening to your lectures.

Obviously your a star wars geek, hiding in your loft re enacting 'the empire stikes back', with your cat. u twat

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices