Skip to content

Discuss This Jerry Burgess talks Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerry Burgess talks Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerry Burgess talks Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi will end his Ducati nightmare by jumping back on a factory Yamaha YZR-M1 machine during next week’s MotoGP test at the Valencia circuit in Spain.The Italian’s move back to Yamaha will also see the nine-times world champion continue his long-standing relationship with crew chief Jerry Burgess, which began back in 2000. The pair won four world titles and 46...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 November 2012 15:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Mozart

Who rattled your cage ?  - touched a nerve  on your  inferiority complex has it ?  Hard man!

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

2p

I find it quite bizarre that people are citing Valentino Rossi's 46 wins and 7 world titles (in the premier class) as proof of his ability to return to glory when they played no part whatsoever in the last 2 years. We are at exactly the same point as we were 2 years ago, only now with further proof that Rossi isn't as complete as some might think he is. Will sitting on an M1 bridge the 1+ second gap to Lorenzo and Pedrosa? I doubt it will bridge all the gap for a few reasons. Firstly, Jorge and Dani haven't stood still in that time, they've got fitter, faster and more experienced. Secondly, while the bike might say M1 on the side it's still a completely new bike to Rossi, ok it'll probably have a certain familiarity to it but it won't suddenly refill his shattered confidence. It's as different to the previous 800cc variant as it will be to the original 990cc bike. Anyone expecting Rossi to top the timing sheets after the Valencia test might be in for a shock and it's not certain, for me at least, he'll be top 3. He'll be rejoining Yamaha and "his M1" at a nervous canter while everyone else will be at full galloping chat. More interesting than all of this is the potential state of the final championship table, to plagiarise from MM: " Jorge Lorenzo wrapped up the MotoGP title by finishing second at Phillip Island, but he has not won a race since Misano. What is worse, he has not won a race in which both Dani Pedrosa and Casey Stoner finished since Mugello, nine races ago back in July. Lorenzo's championship has been near perfect, six wins, ten second places, his only failure a DNF caused when Alvaro Bautista took him out at Assen. There would be no shame in another second-place finish, nor even much shame in a third, but a win in Valencia would be the crowning achievement of his season. His seventh victory would put him ahead of both Pedrosa (six) and Stoner (five) in wins this season, an important statistic going into 2013." The interesting bit for me is that should Casey Stoner win then the top three will be tied for wins over the season at 6 and should Pedrosa win he'll be in the slightly odd position of winning the most races but not securing the title. It will be difficult for anyone to upset that balance of form in 2013 and the smart money has to be on either Lorenzo or Pedrosa driving it on, winning the races Casey Stoner would've done, whilst everyone else battles for 3rd.

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

1p ...

... Rossi will be chasing after Crutchlow not just at Valencia, but for the entire season. I know that Cal can talk utter crap at times, but he thinks that Marquez will be on the podium within four races - and I tend to back that view. Add in Pedrosa and Lorenzo, and suddenly Rossi may well be staring down the barrel of 4th or 5th in the championship. 

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

mandy

Eloquently delivered analysis and beautifully written in perfect English - keep up the good work.

The only little nit-pick I would make is that VR won't just be sitting on the M1 he'll be riding the tits off it ! ( that was for you mozart.)

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

Caption with picture

I reckon rossi is saying to burgess ,eya jerri forgeta de 4x2 for pit wall getta me a biga magnate ona de front to hold onto lorenzo.

Reply to this Topic
jackinthebox

Dec 11

jackinthebox says:

Dear oh Dear

Occasionally I pop on here to see if there is anything of  interest but usually it seems to be egotistacle morons that seem to know very little about motorcycle racing.
Mozart, Saturn seems to be one of the very few that has anything worth saying and you have the audacity to critisicse him.
As for Mandy Ramola he has completely lost the plot and consistantly seems to write utter garbage.
Nobody cares about what you think MR so do us all a favour and do one.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

Stats

All the quoting ad nauseam of rossis past victories reminds me of liverpool fans in the footie world all they do is hark to the past because the present and future looks bleak.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Jackinthebox

And you think anyone cares what you think?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

crystal bawls!

I find it amazing that so many think they know where Rossi will come in the Valencia test.
Let's face it Rossi has little idea himself so why not just wait and see what happens.
Even if he is not in the top 3 at the test does it really matter? It will be his first time on the bike and he may or may not take a little time to adapt.
Also we all know he always goes better during the races than in testing and another thing is it is not a track he likes very much so we not get a true idea of his potential.
If on the other hand he is in the top 2 then we will have an idea the old Rossi is back.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Talking of buffoons

Hi Buelligan.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle