Skip to content

General Not taking any sides but... Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Not taking any sides but...

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

mobileenoph

Jun 07

mobileenoph says:

Not taking any sides but...

This site has really sunk to an all time low, some people need to grow up

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 November 2012 19:30)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

and do you REALLY think the police would be bothered about a ' small motorcycle ' forum , no real serious accusations have been thrown , if it's ' defamation ' by means of trolling your going to need to be a famous person before anyone would take it seriously , & the fact remains kamchat is a cock end , he is fat & he is boring , but about the other i dunno ??? , but like they say " there's no smoke without fire " , & i read that post fuzz .. i wouldnt be worried in the slightest so keep taking screenshots , your just wasting space on your memory card :wink::lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Rugbyman

Jul 08

Rugbyman says:

Police action

but that's the whole point weasel. Defamation isn't a criminal offence. It's a tort, a civil wrong, and as such can be pursued by the injured party if they can prove that any harm was done to their reputation.

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

first, the person must prove that the statement was false. Second, the person must prove that the statement caused harm. Third, the person must prove that the statement was made without adequate research into the truthfulness of the statement. These steps are for an ordinary citizen .

this is the us version ..

the list of  defense's against defamation / libel / slander is huge with the onus on the person making the claim ..

like i said , on a selective forum ie; this one i would doubt very much the authority's would bother

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

Correct weazel64 - what a load of old bulloney

Defamation against one of a multitude of a cocks imaginary names.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mind, he could bring his little band of bag-heads as witness.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

But as amatuer lawyers they would be better litter pickers, stick with the day job guys.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I wouldn't be too

cock sure about police not bothering, you'll get too cocky at some point and it's game over.

The problem they will seek out is the operators of the site who are supposed to have moderators in place.

It's not a little motorbike forum either, it's a big one with advertisers.

Maybe it's time to target the advertisers with who and what they're products are linked too:shock:

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

BB41

Go for it, mebbe get it closed down, you clown.

This is a little forum, dominated by a self obsessed fool with a half dozen druggie followers.

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Civil Law

which means the burden of proof is lower. "balance of probabilities" is the phrase you'll need.

Given that the unpleasant allegations have been committed to the screen (same as the written word) it will fall into the 'libel' area of common law.

Being common law, the police will be unconcerned (unless they decide to invoke any one of the many incitement laws), but a magistrate will only be concerned with 'has the allegation been made' and 'does it upset the victim / target' and thus decide on a suitable level of damages.

Personally I find many of the antics over the last couple of weeks quite offensive - not sure why they started in the first place so have erred on the side of not posting (MCN - this could directly affect you as I'm no longer as exposed to your advertisers).

Irrespective of the targets ability to withstand such unpleasantness, (cyber) bullying is bullying. It's engaged in by cowards.

Time for some individuals to get wise and grow up.

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

Mere vulgar abuse is an insult that is not necessarily defamatory because it is not intended to be taken literally or believed, or likely to cause real damage to a reputation.

& there your honour is the defences case , now prove intent ???? , fookin hard one to prove in ANY court of law

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

Not taking any sides but...

Yep, totally unbiased:lol:

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

It's not "mere vulgar abuse" though, is it. You've accused someone of committing a particularly heinous crime. The fact that you can't tell the difference and that you appear to find accusations of child abuse amusing should worry everyone, including your families.

Innocent until proven guilty, so they say. Unless you have evidence (and you clearly don't) you'd be wise to shut up.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices