Skip to content

Discuss This Biaggi retires from racing World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Biaggi retires from racing

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Biaggi retires from racing

Six time world champion Max Biaggi has announced that he will retire from racing. The 41 year old Italian addressed a packed press conference in Vallelunga in his native city of Rome this morning where he revealed his decision to stop racing. Biaggi has enjoyed a spectacular career than has spanned over two decades competing in 250GP, 500GP, MotoGP and WSB....

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 November 2012 11:22)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Birchyn

Nov 12

Birchyn says:

Pretty sure Guintoli will sign, after all he ripped up a contract at Suzuki for Aprillia

Reply to this Topic
adrenalin

Jun 09

adrenalin says:

It certainly does not throw the team into turmoil as suggested.

It appears that it is pretty much a done deal that Althea will run the 'official' Aprilia team next year. They already have David Guiliano signed to the team and Aprilia have Laverty on a factory contract so that would take care of both slots in the team.

Guintoli looks likely to ride for Alstare next year, who are pretty sure to run the 'official' Ducati team with him and Checa. 

'Factory'  teams seem convinced that masquerading as privateer teams is the way forward in WSB? probably saves them a few quid and they can drop them like a stone at the end of the season when they decide to leave!

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Guintoli.

I thought he'd just signed to ride the Ducati with Checa!..Another ripped up contract maybe?...

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

AT THE TOP.....

That`s the best time to retire,some just carry on for the money,{ wether they need it or not },and in the vain hope that they can be winner`s again. Well done Max,still the ultimate 250 racer that i`ve ever seen!

Reply to this Topic
wak1309

Jun 10

wak1309 says:

Like him or loathe him....

Nobody can deny his talent?

I was never a Biaggi fan due to his seeming arrogance towards fellow racers that should have a very healthy mutual respect to each other!!

Hated the fact that he beat our own Tom Sykes by that 1/2 point, but a Championship is won over a season so credit where it's due.

Thanks for the entertainment Max. Have a long and happy retirement!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Crying shame..

..that we never got to see Max on an 800 because of poxy GP politics. 

OK, he was a bit up his own arse and could moan for Italy, but..it didn't do Stoner any harm did it?

Second thoughts..it did. Retired at 27 with his head a shed.

Biaggi was better than Pedrosa and would have been an alien on the right kit.

14 years man and boy in GP. Never lower than 5th. Four time 250 champ, won his first race on a 500 and came 2nd in that debut season. He had Doohan worried up until that dodgy disqualification at Catalunya..three races from the end. Runner-up to Val on a 990M1, twice 3rd on the RCV..then two more WC for Aprilia in WSB.

A six time world champ during a 20+ year racing career.

God bless ya Max..you've earned a very happy retirement.   

Reply to this Topic
doctorfrank

Dec 08

doctorfrank says:

Viva Max

Sad to see him go but over the moon he's retired at the top,that must take some balls after just securing his 2nd WSB crown. Been watching the roman emperor since he started, his talent cannot be questioned,best move I've seen him make was going under romboni at the last corner at hockenheim on the 250 aprilia then commented 'This is not a classical music concerto' or something to that effect. Happy retirement Max.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Massimilliano has always been a hero of mine

I've been lucky enough to see him win 250's at Mugello, 500's at Assen and MotoGP at Sachsenring. When on his game he was pure poetry on a motorcycle.

I agree with Wosi in that it is a crying shame we never saw Max on a 800. If ever a motorcycle was made for his neat compact high corner speed style those things (especially in their early years) were. The bitchy personalitiy comments - well that's just Wosi, it comes with the threat to Rossi rivalry.

Enjoy retirement with your family Max and thanks for the great memories. Lest not the mega wheelie save!

Reply to this Topic
Carlosoul

Jul 08

Carlosoul says:

Best wheelie ever...

cant remember what year or race but check this...   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmuimukAhA4

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I will always remember Max when he won the 2002 Czech GP on the Yamaha YZR M1 the first ever win for Yamaha when the four stroke era.

All the best in your retirement.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices