Skip to content

General Beggars with dogs skulking at cashpoint/ supermarkets Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Beggars with dogs skulking at cashpoint/ supermarkets

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Beggars with dogs skulking at cashpoint/ supermarkets

What's up with these blasted junkies, always kitted out with some poor bloody dog,  with their hanging around cashpoints pan-handling?  I mean, do they seriously expect someone to just peel off a £20 and say, "Here you go mate!"  ???

Can't walk out of a supermarket and turn immediately left or right, you've got to go out into the street first or you'll trip over the buggers, because they're always just around the doorways.

I mean ffs... they're either professional beggars or junkies, all they'll do is buy drugs with the money.  WTF is going on here?   There's not a city or town in the country where you can get away from the bastards.  :mad:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 November 2012 16:32)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

I only bought food for the human once

and, as you say, it was not very welcome. That's when I made up my mind that I'd spend my money on their dogs instead.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Beggars

I had one approach me a week or so ago at Schiphol airport! The routine started off with the same old shpiel.... 'Mate, I'm not taking the piss but.......'   Couldn't believe it. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

MM: schiphol ??

WTH were they after, a plane ticket?  Got hassled at the ports and train station over there back in the day, but thought the airport was safe enough.   What ticked me off about those particular pan-handlers, is they aggressively thought I was under some obligation to get my wallet out, on account of all the effort they'd put into telling me some yarn about how they needed money.

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

best one i saw

was at tescos saffron walden 2005

begger out side the store pestering old ladies for change and even getting a good few bob

manager called the cops  and they made them empty his pocketts he had about 60 pounds in change ... asked him how much was his he said 10pounds  so the manager put the rest of the 50 in 3 charity bins

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

agree with slowlearner

Sign said need cash for hot drink / food, so bought the guy a coffee from Starbucks about a month ago, worth the £2 for the look on his face.

saw one in San Francisico last year, sign said need cash for booze. at least he was honest

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Schiphol

He was begging for money claiming that he was an ex-serviceman down on his luck trying to get enough dosh together for a hostel. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices