Skip to content

General who can beat my month..... Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > who can beat my month.....

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Lewisboard

Jul 12

Lewisboard says:

who can beat my month.....

It all started when i dropped my bike in a car park, fell asleep for a second and didn't put the stand down properly, flicked back up and bike went down, cracked alternator cover. ordered new cover and when going to fit it discovered coolant pipe had to be taken off therefore coolant everywhere..... no biggy just refill it or so i thought to get to the cap i had to remove the air intake pipe easy again but it involves popping the tank off and moving it back....... that's where it started the fuel tap connector snapped flush with the tank half a tank of fuel on the floor. order wrong part and got correct part 3 days later, took two hours performing surgery on the thread and got it in went walked to the extortionately price garage 15 ltrs £23 and smelt petrol and saw it was leeking, oh shit they let me investigate in there workshop and then the other tap fitting broke, one order and few days later new part fitted, they where nice enough to save most of the fuel for me. put the fuel in and no leeks yay :laugh: turn bike on fuel is leaking :upset: turns out the pipe connector has a slash in it so order one of those, get it, fit it BIKE WONT START after much fucking about dodgy connection in the fuel pump turn it off turn it on it works YAY :laugh: take for a test ride back end feels funny i had been suspect of a puncture for few days and guess what yep i had a puncture. got some puncture repair foam seals it up nicely (buying new sets of tires soon anyway fronts fucked) then i go to work today get 1.5 miles down the road and the bike cuts out on me fuel problem again. in the past 4 weeks i have spent nearly £200 on parts and need to spend more now with less than a weeks worth or riding. if anyone has had a worse month mechanically please cheer me up. i had a Cagiva before and that spent & months of its time with me, in a garage or in bits as well so i think me and bikes are bad luck together  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 November 2012 17:57)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

bikers

dunno, that is shocking bad luck, my mate blew his bike up on a bike nite so i took the pee, then on way home my fuel line split on the zzr..bandit is bulletproof..

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

lewis....

nope, your on your own there.......maybe not bother with a lottery ticket this week. :doubt:

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

This sounds familiar,

I seem to be safe enough with my bike but the people I work with would recognise the sort of trail of destruction you describe. The repair men hold their fingers up in the shape of a cross when they see me.

On a really bad week I can hex cash machines, just by looking at them :smile

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Bad week

Nope, can't top that.  You win :smile

Reply to this Topic
sprag

Aug 02

sprag says:

That's really awful

just reading your post made me feel all queezy inside remembering some of my bike [and car] disasters down the years but I have to say I could not recal anything 'quite' so awful as what you describe. I just hope your bad luck is over and you can get back to being a happy biker.

Best wishes, sprag :smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices