Skip to content

Products New Drift HD camera to film your ride Parts & accessories

You are in... Forums > Products > Parts & accessories > New Drift HD camera to film your ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Marc Abbott  says:

New Drift HD camera to film your ride

The new Drift HD Ghost camera is now available in the UK, and is designed to let you capture every moment of your ride – whether that’s freestyle motocross, a track day or Alpine tour – in glorious high definition. Features of the new camera include a two-inch LCD screen, claimed three-hour battery life, the ability to take photos while...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 November 2012 13:32)

Post a message in Parts & accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DrWorm

Jul 11

DrWorm says:

GoPro

Can't fault the GoPro HD cams if you ask me. Whenever you see Top Gear, Fifth Gear, Bear Grylls and almost any action sports film they all use GoPro cams.  I've had mine a year and the range of fittings you get is awesome, I can attach it virtually anywhere. Not to mention it was no where near £300 in a Amazon sale.  Sure it doesn't have a screen to view but then again it doesn't have a screen to break when your one-wheeled-private-road-shenanigans go wrong.

Reply to this Topic
ErnestoR1

Nov 12

ErnestoR1 says:

Drift Ghost

I agree with DrWorm, the GoPro is a good piece of kit. I have one, but man, I CANNOT mount it on my head. It just looks very very ODD on my nice ARAI helmet (in car, no problem). I love the remote control with the lighting system, could def attach to my yoke or tank. Time to ebay my GoPro and get a Ghost. :)

Reply to this Topic
BIKER6F

Jun 08

BIKER6F says:

And

would you believe it, with a very quick look on EBay, available for £149.95 and not for the above mentioned price of £299.99, there is no fooking way on earth this product is worth nearly £300 , and anyone with half a brain cell would see a price of any product, then go find it elsewhere and find it cheaper

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

GoPro is the..

..is the standard bearer, it's name was out before consumers as the HD sports/motor sports recording took off. But that doesn't mean other brands and models should be discarded. As mentioned, the size and design of the GoPro either isn't an issue or can be depending on what one is doing. I find the bullet style cameras more to my liking as they stand out less while on my motorcycle or helmet. I can't think where a smaller camera wouldn't be better as long as other important areas are covered. I fly RC helicopters and usually use a small "dice" cam able to record 720p video. Its limiting factor is its lens. My bet is that we'll see more miniaturization in these cameras and even from GoPro as the technology progresses.

Reply to this Topic
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

Cam

Anyone got any reccommendations for a decent cam that can easily be secured to my helmet?

Want a helmet cam as opposed to a yoke or tank mounted jobbie so that it captures exactly what I am seeing.  Nothing too large either - probably something like a bullet-cam.  Needs a decent secure helmet mount - are they easily available?

Just want to cover my arse insurance wise when some plonker knocks me off my bike one day.

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

no way

with the cost of biking always on the up how can this company justify a price like this for a toy.no thanks.

Reply to this Topic
muddybus

Aug 10

muddybus says:

Replay

The Replay XD 1080 is the best discrete cam, and instead of paying £300 for the Drift Ghost, I'd rather spend £306 and get the Contour +2. You can get a wired remote control for the Replay XD, making it the best option, but it still comes in at around £270.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

So now we're just running adverts as stories?

It's not a review, you're adding nothing except what a marketdroid told you to print.

Reply to this Topic
markinnormy

Jan 09

markinnormy says:

What do people expect

You're getting the web site for free. It's only to be expected that they will run adverts dressed up as reports. This isn't the bbc. I subscribe to MCN, which is full of adverts and sometimes I even buy stuff from them. As for the drift., buy the hd720 for £120 instead. I use one every day (mounted to the side of my helmet) and it works a treat.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

EXPENSIVE

I bought a cam corder on ebay the size of a torch with handle bar,crashbar or dash mounts for a tenner. Really good picture with sound got to be a bargain. I also have a Kodak flip cam thats really good plus waterproof to 3m and shock proof only paid 40 quid for that  

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices