Skip to content

Discuss This Moto Morini back from the dead New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Moto Morini back from the dead

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Moto Morini back from the dead

Moto Morini, geting back on their feet from bankruptcy, have shunned this year's EICMA show, instead deciding to launch their 2013 in Milan at the same time. They haven't set the world on fire with the new range, which is mainly an update on their old bikes, but minor tweaks across the range - mainly aimed at improving reliability, it seems...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 November 2012 15:22)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DOCTIRED

Oct 06

DOCTIRED says:

Chinese Morini

Morini to Nor Mai Gai in one move..................

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

Why bother ?

Having failed to sell enough of these and therefore going bust (again) What is the point of an even more limited range being relaunched ? if they could knock them out for £8000 they might pull it off.good luck guys,

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Morini revival

I would think modern 500cc versions of the lovely 350 sport, strada, and kanguro could fill a far more relevant void for a fitting revival.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Is anyone going to risk their hard-earned cash on a bike from a company that could be dead and buried again in another 12 months? It does'nt look like its bringing anything new to the market and if you bought one and the factory goes under, what will be the used value? That is if you could sell it at all. Only for people who desperately want Moto Morini on the tank.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

SatNav...

I tend to agree with you about the risks involved in Buying one of these but would love to be able to afford to buy one to lock away for a few decades and sell at a vastly inflated price due to its rarity although I doubt it would ever reach the level of a Vincent Rapide.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

First impressions and all that.......

Although this brand had nearly gone the way of the DODO last year,i think, a lot of people today are snobs!:hmmm:

If it doesn't say FIREBLADE-GSXR-R1-or Panigale it isn't worth a light.

Yes,Italian marques have always had electrical and reliablity issues,but just look at Ducati and how they turned things round.

These Moto Morini bikes on looks alone are worth a second glance,(look at Buell,KTM,etc)as long as the factory can sort itself out,keep prices realistic,have a good dealership network,parts availibility and improve the reliability.Once these things are seen to,there's no excuse...Seems anything that's different to the main stream(KTM RC8 is a good example of an overlooked bike) are anathema.:upset:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

STRESSED1 !

You said it yourself there regarding dealership and parts availability. I don't know of a Moto Morini dealer anywhere near me and wouldn't want to risk it. I think a competitor from Ducati, KTM, Suzuki, Moto Guzzi etc would be a much better bet. I don't see anything different that Morini offers that makes it worth buying. They need a USP (unique selling point)  to make them stand out from the crowd.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Did they borrow

them pipes off of a MT 01 :blink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Its not being a snob...

We are in a very severe depression for bike dealers and bike sales. Regular dealers are going bust - I sold my kawasaki because my local dealer went bust and for similar reasons can't buy a Yamaha (the local dealer went bust before I bought one). I can't imagine a worse time to try and save a motorcycle company that keeps going bust itself...

The old Moto Morini company made small to middleweight V Twins much cheaper than Ducati's Pantah (500 and then 600) and similar to the V50 Moto Guzi. They  had a fairly well established importer and seemed relatively secure. In Italy they made sense because there were high import tarriffs and they made special under 350cc ones which exploited the road tax rules. Insurance in those days was on capacity so in the uk they made some sense because they were cheaper to insure than most bikes (the 31/2 was under 350 cc so cost as much as my 250 to insure whilst being much more "cool" (However I never did get one or the Bernelli 354 which I loved).

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle