Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi excited ahead of Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi excited ahead of Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi excited ahead of Yamaha return

Sunday’s final MotoGP round in Valencia is almost a sideshow as the world awaits Valentino Rossi’s much anticipated return to Yamaha in next week’s traditional two-day test session. Rossi will end his two-year Ducati nightmare in Spain on Sunday before moving back to partner newly crowned world champion Jorge Lorenzo in Yamaha’s official factory squad. The 33-year-old Italian spoke of his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 November 2012 17:34)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

Limited options

Yam was VR's only choice - either that or retire after 2 years at Ducati. I can't see a 7 times world champion exiting stage left after that...or to wsbk. Good luck to him and I hope he does well. The one thing he will certainly do well is sell the Yamaha brand like no one else can...which is why he's there....

Reply to this Topic
klacto

Oct 12

klacto says:

Foul mouthed

Foul mouthed Nostro meets his match when Paul carefully analyses the Rossi return better than he is able. MotoGP is a poor spectacle at the moment and without Stoner so much poorer. So poor we even kid ourselves that this was a "tough" year for JL and that Dani is to be spoken about as a great. So, MotoGP needs Rossi on a competetive bike at the front. No doubt "The Doctor" is chastened by his time at Ducati but I back him to be a winner in 2013. Such a shame , but inevitable, that Ducati couldn't throw the development, frame, engine and ECU changes which Honda do as routine. Roll on 2013.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Sport

Right place right time so to speak, one more season on and Val would not have got this deal but for the future and fans its a good thing but I would rather cal got it,anyways excited to see the first test completed so we can banter that one,enjoy the race Sunday as IMO will be fireworks.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Stonered...

"The one thing he will certainly do well is sell the Yamaha brand like no one else can...which is why he's there...."

Yes but he's got to make it work... I don't see many Ducatis with the number 46 on being ridden round the streets like there were Yamaha's last time Rossi was there. There will be recriminations if he's not winning &, according to his fans, it's never Rossi's fault... he's got 9 championships don't ya know?

Good luck to him... here's to some good racing in 2013.

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

Hedgey

Agreed mate - he has to perform. But given his popularity a few podiums'll have the yellow back into yahamaha :) Tuesday will be interesting...

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Fowl mouthed Klacto

with a gob fully of yellow feathers. Please highlight one foul or abusive word I've used on this thread. Yet another little yellow belly that finds the truth so unpalatable.

I completely fail to see why we need Rossi at the front. Why Rossi? Why not Cal or Marc or Dovi on the Duke? Sure I'd like to see more riders battling it out at the pointy end, but its hardly the fault of our three Aliens they're head and shoulders better than the rest. They're the ones who need to find that little extra if they can. Rossi's obviously reached his talent ceiling, but I hold more hope for some of the younger guys.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

EL D....

"No rider including Stoner would win in this piece of crap."

Not on the one developed by Rossi, maybe, but he was fast enough on the 2010 CF one to have set pole & won the race at PI the other weekend... that's an 800 on 2 year old rubber in almost identical conditions... it would have won at least one race.

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

Hedge

Beat me to it....

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Hedge ...

fast enough on the 2010 CF one to have set pole & won the race at PI the other weekend

So what you're saying is that Stoner peaked two years ago? 

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

BCB...

"So what you're saying is that Stoner peaked two years ago? "

How the hell do you come to that conclusion?... he moved on & won a championship... ??

His 2012 persona would have beaten himself, on the 2010 Ducati, by around 8 seconds this year, if it had been possible for the 2 to race. As it was he beat a 9 times world champion on his version of the bike by 37 seconds... peaked or peaking?

:blink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices