Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner braced for MotoGP farewell MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner braced for MotoGP farewell

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner braced for MotoGP farewell

Aussie Casey Stoner has played down hopes he can end his Grand Prix career on a high with a victory in Sunday’s season finale at the Ricardo Tormo circuit in Valencia. The Repsol Honda rider arrives in Spain for his farewell appearance with confidence sky high after he stormed to a record-breaking sixth straight win in his home race at Phillip...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 November 2012 18:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Aquarius..

Us Brit's have always wanted to live elsewhere, hence the need for an Empire, which if I'm not mistaken, you're benefiting from right now..

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Europooves..?

Crikey..

I wish I was as tough and rugged as Boonie Bob, or Casey even..

..although I don't think you'd find him riding/driving hundreds of kms when he struggles to put more than a couple of laps together in testing..especially not for a pint of milk? 

Mind you..driving thousands to go Barramundi fishing, while on the sick, is a different matter altogether.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Probably the biggest elephant I've ever seen in a room is Casey's 'title defence' this season.......

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

To be honest BB ...

... I don't know where Stoner's coming from either - I mean, it's not like Portugal is even on the calender next year is it? He's gone a bit soft in the head. 

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Wee correction BB

Abel Tasman the Dutchman bumped into N.Z in 1642 a little more than a century before Cook.

N.Z was discovered though by Polynesian sailors, possibly  (the mythical?) Kupe around a millennia ago, with actual Polynesian settlement occuring around 1300AD. So in human settlement history terms N.Z is an incredibly young land.

Simon Crafar came some time after this, and still we hope for a replacement. Yet our wait has been shorter than yours.

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Here's another one ...

"It shouldn't be races in 18 countries but not four races in one country. I think that is overstepping the mark and, like I said, Portugal is just across the border. There are too many in too close quarters. I think it needs to branch out more like it used to be."

So he's okay with more than one race in one country - 'like it used to be' Wrong - a quick look at Doohan's debut season (1989) shows that no country had more than a single GP.

But he's not okay with races in countries that border one another, the sport should - 'branch out more like it used to be'  Wrong again - the same swift glance at Doohan's debut season (1989) shows that Austria, Belguim and Yugoslavia were on the calender (along with Sweden but that doesn't count). 

Talking of counting, can Stoner count? I mean there's 18 rounds now - compared to just 15 races in 1989, and yet he still says: " I think it needs to branch out more like it used to be."

Stoner's talking out of the back of his head - not for the first time either.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hugs...

"Probably the biggest elephant I've ever seen in a room is Casey's 'title defence' this season....... "

2 title defences... Rossi in 2010 v Stoner in 2012... 1 non-race crash rules them both out for several races... 2 wins to 5 is it (so far)?... 233 points to 238 (so far)?... if you want bigger elephants you know where to look.

:smile

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

10 quid anyone?

Nostr0 mate it wasn't that long ago we could buy a Pom for 10 quid...guess that's inflation for you ( we used to get them for free!!) ;)

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Stoner would never be found guilty of 'being a credit to the sport' - let him go.

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

Stoner be missed?

Probably not by some...particulary those that now have a chance of making the podium...I'll bet that's the comment after every race....we'll he got third place but we're guessing that's because stoner isnt here...yep, won't be missed or a talking point at all come Tuesday ....

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices