Skip to content

Discuss This My experience of module 1 General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > My experience of module 1

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Patrick Jarvis  says:

My experience of module 1

On Tuesday 6 November I passed my module 1 test with no minors. Before I sat the test I decided it would be sensible to research to prepare myself. Yet what I found was chaotic to say the least. Firstly I was on internet forums, and found people complaining about how the test is carried out, that they dropped the bike etc. When it...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 November 2012 11:04)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jahagon

Mar 10

jahagon says:

You're 100% correct on this. When I completed my test last year I wondered what on earth all the fuss was about. Confidence is definitely the number 1 factor. If you don't feel competent on the bike, then chances are you're not.

Reply to this Topic
oldmanA

Jul 12

oldmanA says:

Thanks!

I've got my Module 1 on 31st December and I'm nervous now, lol. (I've been driving for 27 years).

I think preparation is the best way to go, hence booked lessons and given myself enough time.

I would just like to add that since I started riding 1st Sept this year, I have carried out module 1 on a weekly basis: Swerving to avoid pot holes/ sunken drains, Moving my bike around on the drive, White van man letting me use my emergency stop technique, Riding slowly in my work place car park so I don't run over the boss!

I believe Module 1 should be part of the CBT test before you are out on the roads.

Reply to this Topic
morpheusking

Oct 11

morpheusking says:

oldmanA

i did my MOD 1 in september 2011 its like jahagon says its all down to confidence so be confident, remember your life saver checks!, dont worry about the swerve test and ignore all the hype/rumours about it. The swerve test is no different to going round a manhole/drain cover which like you say youve done loads of times so its really no problem is it :)

good luck with your test and all the best

Reply to this Topic
RTPRider

Oct 10

RTPRider says:

Module 1

Module 1 is very achievable given, as you say, confidence, and importantly, the right level of knowledge and ability, usually gained from a good training school. I have been training for a few years now and the school I train for has an excellent pass rate on Mod 1 and Mod 2. Choose a good school wisely, and you ll have no problems. Its also important to understand that not everybody is a born rider; people develop skills at differing rates, and whilst enthusiasm is good it is no substitute for skill. It is wise for this test to be conducted off road as at least it gives a sterile environment in which to test machine handling skills, Mod 2 is a demonstration of road skills.

Reply to this Topic
Jarv8185

Aug 12

Jarv8185 says:

Just a note to all, It was me who wrote this in, and I love your comments regarding it. Module 1 does need some tweeks but in all its basics and flaws, its great help for all new riders, if your struggling with it please contact me

Reply to this Topic
oldmanA

Jul 12

oldmanA says:

Failed

Oh well, failed Mod1 this morning! :-(  Was doing really well, had no minors, all I had to do on the last maneuvre (avoidance) was stop the bike, nerves got the better of me and I skidded. Roll on the 8th of Jan for attempt 2!

I'm 6'2" 16.5st and was riding an old battered riding school Honda 125. Speed checks were 54Kph Emergency stop and 55Kph Avoidance. All in all, £15.50 well spent for preperation on next attempt. :-)

Reply to this Topic
oldmanA

Jul 12

oldmanA says:

Passed

Passed! Speeds were 54/54 so again ok. The advice is; keep calm  big deep breaths after every maneuvre and take your time. :-)

Reply to this Topic
Jarv8185

Aug 12

Jarv8185 says:

re:olmana

congrats, its a great feeling have you done your mod 2??

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices