Skip to content

APRILIA New Aprilia Caponord 1200 revealed CAPONORD

You are in... Forums > APRILIA > CAPONORD > New Aprilia Caponord 1200 revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

New Aprilia Caponord 1200 revealed

Aprilia has resurrected the Caponord name with this all-new 1200cc V-twin adventure bike which packs cutting-edge technology including semi-active suspension, traction control and ABS. The Italian firm hopes to muscle back into a market it hasn’t been able to compete in since the last of the old 999cc V-twin Caponords were sold and the model was discontinued. Since then the market for...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 November 2012 14:32)

Post a message in CAPONORD

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ridefree

Jun 08

Ridefree says:

Yipee!

Yipee!

Can't wait for the more adventure biased version.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Looks Great!

I nearly bought the old 1000cc Caponord coz I sat on one at the NEC a few years ago and it had a factory low seat and I could touch the floor! But they stopped making it. This one looks an excellent development. I believe if something looks good, thats half the battle, but do they do it with an optional low seat to suit my stumpy 28" inside leg? If so, it could be my next bike, but not for 2 or 3 years yet. Then again, I've got 3 lines for the Lotto this week! Will it be at the NEC? If it is, I will be the one drooling over it on the stand!! LOL.

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

Agree

For fig sake Steve we don't give a fig about your inside leg.Is there no way you can stretch your inside leg so we can have a rest.

I'm with you on the looks though but my inside leg could'nt cope (29" sorry)

Yep i really like the look of this but are they going to send the price through the roof and the "V" engine is lumpy is it not.Always put me off.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Sprintman52!

Well, at my age, the inside leg problem is only going to get worse as they say you shrink with age, so in a few years , I may be complaining about a 26" inside leg. I'll certainly be going to try one of these when they hit the dealers. Not bothered about the V twin engine as I 've had Guzzi's in the past, but I would imagine this engine will be benefiting from a fair bit more development.

Reply to this Topic
jahagon

Mar 10

jahagon says:

Face transplant

I wish Aprilia would stop trying to shove the face of an RSV4 on every new model it releases. It works on a sports bike but looks ugly on anything else (I'm looking at you, SRV super-scoot).

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

wanna know something scary

This segment is only part of motorcycle industry that's actually expanding (scooters maybe doing well as well).  People are buying these enduros for various reasons: they are easy to ride, easy to corner, require less skill level, they like that you sit above traffic and can see ahead, they are comfortable, put less stress on older people's joints, but also provide boring rides.  I have a feeling that the Multistrada maybe the exception.

Reply to this Topic
r1stevie

Oct 08

r1stevie says:

shiva

your right on so many things but take less skill level to ride and a boring ride your the usual sport bike fan everything is boring but sports bikes oh ive got a sports bike and a adventure bike also ride trials hare hounds and enduros but maybe il get my skill level up if i ride my r1 more

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

r1stevie

I wasn't referring to you or those with multiple machines or diverse riding experience.  If you are already riding sportbikes your skill level is at a different point.  but for those who ONLY ride enduros or cruisers, they require less skill.  Exception, riding enduros off-road.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Reply:

With reference to SHIVA, you're wrong on one very important count...ALL BIKES require the same amount of skill to ride,no matter whether its a 1200 WSB rep or a 125. If you don't ride them correctly you will end up either injured or in an early grave.

As for the adventure bikes being boring,depends what mind set a rider has,personally,having had a sports bike, and yes they're nice to ride for a while, i would go for the adventure bike every time now as they have come a long way with the likes of the new Multistrada,the new GS 1200 and now this Capanord,comfort-MPG-touring-sports-everyday riding abilities-two up-Sunday morning blast...What more does a person want?

Sports bikes are nice but they're a dying breed,that only the die hard's will keep going.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Andyvfr8

Jan 12

Andyvfr8 says:

I totally agree with stressed 1 comments and just to add my twopenth Shiva's comments are just so typical of some leather clad weekend warriors on there shiny race reps we all ride motorbikes for the same reason, what difference does it make whether it's a full on race rep to cruisers. Scooters to trikes it's all about choice and for most it's a way of life. The Caponord looks a good bike and I for one will be booking a test ride as soon as one is available.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices