Skip to content

APRILIA New Aprilia Caponord 1200 revealed CAPONORD

You are in... Forums > APRILIA > CAPONORD > New Aprilia Caponord 1200 revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

New Aprilia Caponord 1200 revealed

Aprilia has resurrected the Caponord name with this all-new 1200cc V-twin adventure bike which packs cutting-edge technology including semi-active suspension, traction control and ABS. The Italian firm hopes to muscle back into a market it hasn’t been able to compete in since the last of the old 999cc V-twin Caponords were sold and the model was discontinued. Since then the market for...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 November 2012 14:32)

Post a message in CAPONORD

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

boring?

I think you boys need a wake up call, I would'nt say Im any sort of riding god, but I do ride an upright 270KG bike, and on normal roads and lanes I dont have much problems keeping up with a group of experienced advanced riders, ( most on Blades and 1000cc sportsbikes)In fact I would say I have more fun, and having big wide bars means a dont crap myself when the backend on my 150 section tyre moves a bit.

Yes if I went on a track they would out brake and out accelarate me without trying too hard, but I dont ride on track, I do 10k mile ayear on commuting and tours and club rides. I have had sports bikes and didnt really ride any faster, I would buy another if it was made with a decent tank range and I could ride it all day without cramp in my legs and squashed into a ball. I think the reason people but big uprights is mainly comfort and more control, if you think they are slow just type in "Pike peaks " . A Blade cant beat a supermoto on tight bendy track, and riding bikes is really about cornering, anyway thats my rant over with!

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Too Big

After spending part of the weekend riding a ~125 kg Yamaha TW200 on loose dirt, loose gravel, sand, and mud, there is no way I would want to ride a AT bike of twice the weight or more in similar conditions.

Reply to this Topic
Gerrycork

May 09

Gerrycork says:

Best looking of the lot

Hope she performs as well as she looks...... The new Tuono RSV4 is gorgeous & awesome. The competition in this category is ugly, ie the XTZ12OO, Crosstourer, Tiger-Explorer, Multistrada, Ktm Adventure. Looking forward to test ride.

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

3rd Brand to offer semi-active

There used to be a long gap between new technologies being offered by BMW and then being adapted by other brands.  For example BMW released Electronic Suspension in 2004 and 6 years later, Ducati offered their own version.  Now in the same year, three companies BMW, Ducati and Aprilia are offering adaptive, or semi-active suspension.  I think this is a good thing.

Reply to this Topic
clark_p1

Nov 02

clark_p1 says:

New Panniers?

Those panniers look a lot like the Ducati ST range of a few years back. Perfect, as long as everything you want to pack is triangular!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices