Skip to content

Discuss This Ban for 144mph speeder General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Ban for 144mph speeder

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Ban for 144mph speeder

A motorcyclist who rode at 144mph on an A-road has been banned from driving for six months. Gary Dobson was caught speeding on his BMW S100RR on the A63 at South Milford, North Yorkshire, on October 7. The 40-year-old from Halifax was fined £500 by Selby magistrates after pleading guilty by post at an earlier hearing.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 November 2012 17:09)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ianstew33

Nov 12

ianstew33 says:

dry road, clear, what's the problem? At 40 yrs old I'm guessing the guy is no wet behind the ears novice. Pathetic, but it's ok for the 12yr olds they let drive police cars to drive as fast as they want.

Reply to this Topic
BrandsR6

Oct 05

BrandsR6 says:

Seems very harsh to me

Okay, so breaking the speed limit is breaking the law.  But that 144mph was for the briefest of moments, just before he pulled over.  A dry day, on a dual carriageway and there was absolutely no other traffic about, apart from one other bike.

As ianstew33 says, people get away with far less punishment for more serious crimes.

Reply to this Topic
repper

Oct 10

repper says:

It's a broken country alright, that's why I left.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

Yesterday I was nearly hit twice in the space of 5 minutes on the same stretch of road, the first a taxi driver in the slow lane decided had to do a u turn without looking and seeing me to the right of him, the next a pick up driver pulling from the slow lane into the fast as the slow lane was stationary forcing me again to swerve onto the otherside of the road. Now to me they were doing no where near the speed limit yet nearly squished me... yet this bloke in perfectly safe conditions reaches a number for a very small amount of time... funny what is classed as dangerous. I couldn't care how quickly someone drives or rides so long as they aren't retarded

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Yep, its criminal....

About 50 seconds after leaving home a "Lady" pulled out from the side of the road, right in front of me, wet and slippery road ( Me on cold tyres) No indicators no Rear brake light on the RH side, RH wing mirror Nowhere near adjusted to see anything this side of The MOON, and Absolutely no Idea that I was behind her. Where the fuck are the "SAFETY" Partnership when it actually matters ? OH YES sitting in their nice warm camera vans, making "billions" out of people going about their business and sometimes having a bit of fun. Seriously fellas get a grip on what actually matters and stop robbing the experienced and fun loving, Tax paying, wage paying, Public.

Reply to this Topic
markinnormy

Jan 09

markinnormy says:

Get real

Stop trying to justify his actions. The man's an idiot. Firstly it only serves to reinforce the image of bikers as irresponsible knobheads and a little bit more credibility gets lost, never to return. Secondly, pulling that sort of speed just up the road from Squires cafe was asking for it. The coppers regularly hang round that area clocking speeding bikes. It's like shooting fish in a barrel, too easy. Steady2wheels, you are absolutely right, the roads are full of morons, but doing 144mph just makes us as stupid as them.

Reply to this Topic
markinnormy

Jan 09

markinnormy says:

Get real

Stop trying to justify his actions. The man's an idiot. Firstly it only serves to reinforce the image of bikers as irresponsible knobheads and a little bit more credibility gets lost, never to return. Secondly, pulling that sort of speed just up the road from Squires cafe was asking for it. The coppers regularly hang round that area clocking speeding bikes. It's like shooting fish in a barrel, too easy. Steady2wheels, you are absolutely right, the roads are full of morons, but doing 144mph just makes us as stupid as them.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

I would ...

Pay this 40 year old Bikers Fine for him TBH..... But I wouldn't piss on a camera van if it was on fire.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

markinnormy

The only people watching this man "Speeding" were the Camera wielding "MORONS". As you so rightly point out. I should stick to "Closet Cycling" if I were you. In Germany and many other countries People that ride at these speeds, are not considered "Morons" Neither are Racers, Drivers and Flyers..... of Bikes, cars and planes. As for "Bloodhound" Employees?.... what would you suggest we do to them eh? 1000mph? Jeesus H Fucking Christ. Get a grip. Put your weight behind Real Criminals .... Nobody Died here.

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Sorry ..but

..............I'm with Snev on this one, the road was clear, the weather looked good, whats the problem?

Again....he was in full control, no cars or cyclists or men with red flags to kill.....so what 144mph, they must be pissing themselves all the way to the cells back at the police station.............grow up and leave the guy alone.

As i have posted recently, I see police cars travelling well in excess of the speed limit sometimes with the blues on sometimes without, last week one past me with the blues on and then pulled into the Police station some distance down the road..............i can only conclude the kettle must have bolied.

I am really bored to death with people who go on about speeding, on roads like the one in the video, so what, there no else there, in built up towns ok, slow it down a bit, but on the open road, Ride it like you stole it. Hardly the crime of the Century is it.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices