Skip to content

Discuss This Ban for 144mph speeder General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Ban for 144mph speeder

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Ban for 144mph speeder

A motorcyclist who rode at 144mph on an A-road has been banned from driving for six months. Gary Dobson was caught speeding on his BMW S100RR on the A63 at South Milford, North Yorkshire, on October 7. The 40-year-old from Halifax was fined £500 by Selby magistrates after pleading guilty by post at an earlier hearing.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 November 2012 17:09)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

snev

when your caught your caught.............and your right that no one else was put at risk or died.............but .he  is not doing time so happy days...............the same as dangerous drivers or drunk drivers that are pulled.................they were stopped before they became another statistic in a rta................so do we need a death on each traffic offence  to make the ends justify the means..............i thought the police were paid to be proactive...........not reactive:wink:

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

So he has been saved from being another statistic in an RTA. And riding within the limit will also save him? Not really convinced TBH but if that's what you believe then who am I to Argue?. £500 will go towards the wages of the Safety Partnership camera operator's wages though.

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

snev

the financial contributions to the government are a completely different matter........................if you really want a big fright then work out just how much of your pay goes to the government............both pre and post tax..................................now thats a scary figure:shock::wink:  

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

My Pay?

I'm Self employed, un-supported by the Government in any way shape or form and probably contribute more in taxes than the average Victim of The Safety Partnership.... IF TRUTH BE KNOWN. I have also riden Legally on British roads for the past 35 years 600000 miles On Bikes and Around 1,600,000 miles in other Vehicles With all the taxes that I have paid I feel that I at Least deserve an opinion on speeding.

Reply to this Topic
draper12807

Feb 11

draper12807 says:

144, is that it ?

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

hmm ....lets say.....

So just saying,, and this is all non-incriminating evidence, for all you nonce’s out there who will no doubt crackle on about breaking the rules!
Just say I was doing let’s say emmm…187mph,  on a lets say emmmm … BMWS1000RR on a nice stretch in let’s say emmmm… south of England , lets say about emmm …..08.00 on a Sunday morning, what would the fine be!  Let’s say….

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

TomRR....

They would fine you Thousands, then Hang, Draw and Quarter you

Reply to this Topic
bud

Aug 02

bud says:

Banned for six months? Like he was going to ride it through the winter anyway, probably did him a favour...another cockwomble on a sportsbike with delusions of grandeur and a small winkle. Any monkey can go fast on an empty dual carriageway but don't confuse that with "being in full control". It's the gyroscopic effect keeping you upright not any god-like ability you think you have.

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

Snev

They would fine you Thousands, then Hang, Draw and Quarter you,,    and if it was..... lets say....

that Gay Ginx-a-carl, would it be the same?

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

This road

Is the A63 and was part of the old A1 which has now been bypassed hence that particular section being almost devoid of traffic. Unfortunatey, it is also one of the main routes to Squires biker cafe and so the police know they can shoot fish in a barrel with their hidden camera van. North Yorks police have only been operating this van for 12 months and have already clocked up more than 16,000 convctions. Money money money under the guise of road safety. This van isn't in built up areas or outside schools/hospitals, but on fast open dual carriegeways.

If you break down the most convictions, you will find them on roads with good safety records, but also roads that they know drivers will go over a limit (safely).

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices