Skip to content

Discuss This Ban for 144mph speeder General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Ban for 144mph speeder

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Ban for 144mph speeder

A motorcyclist who rode at 144mph on an A-road has been banned from driving for six months. Gary Dobson was caught speeding on his BMW S100RR on the A63 at South Milford, North Yorkshire, on October 7. The 40-year-old from Halifax was fined £500 by Selby magistrates after pleading guilty by post at an earlier hearing.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 November 2012 17:09)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Norris

Again,this is about EXCESSIVE speed, trouble is the answer to your question is yes. one killed his pillion and another maimed a car driver and it's five not three.

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Domstar

Yes 5 it was a typo. But these vans aren't catching the minority doing excessive speefd in general, it's the thousands slightly over. 12 months this van has been operating, and its prosecuted over 16,000 drivers/riders, and most of those have been offered speed awareness courses. Yet look how many people are killed each year by recless police drivers. That's why a lot of people are resentful of all the hypocritical publicity.

Talking to people on the course I did, it was obvious the resentment created by the sly underhand tactics used to hit quota's. eg A guy was stuck behind a slow moving tractor, when he got the chance to safely pass, he got round as quickly as he could (something it used to advise in the driving handbook) the camera operator took his picture as he was passing the tractor. That is 'not' road safety, but revenue raising.

Re your friends..I can't comment on the causes of their accidents, I do know, after riding bikes for 37 years, I have come across people who should never have been on two wheels, one guy I knew not well, but had seen him ride got killed when he didn't make a left hand bend. He wasn't going fast, but simply was a bad rider.

Bad drivers get their cars dinged,. bad riders die. Speed is not always an issue, but especially in group rides (which I no longer do) you'd find too many different abilities, and less confident/experienced riders would push themselves too far to keep up, and why on practically every ride I'd been on, there'd be a near miss or an off.

I think you'd probably be better off with a nice little car.

Reply to this Topic
tancakar

Sep 11

tancakar says:

i wish

i wish the police stop doing this ! yes its law yes you shouldn't speed but come on he didn't kill anyone the road was empty. In U.K the police force is so outrages riots happens, people steal crash and burn police cars they didn't even get punished. what is the deal with these speed limits in UK ? he didn't ride 144 mph for hours he just accelerate and brake after police is just looking for trouble! well mostly they find their troubles else where .

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

It is estimated that.......

"1.1 million people die every year as a result of smoking".... Ban that shit.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

@ hairyMuppet

You are wrong.  The cager that kills a motorcyclist, pedal cyclist, or pedestrian intended to operate a deadly weapon on public roads.  Try firing a gun at random in an urban area, and see how far the "I didn't intend to shoot anyone" defense gets you.  Those who do not wish to risk substantial legal penalties should make a choice of transport that is less deadly to others than an automobile or light truck.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Limiting?

Limiting potential vehicle speeds is hardly going to work - most towns/cities have limits low enough that one can speed on a wheezing Puch Maxi.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

piglet...

Puch Maxi.... now your'e talking, what a Monster motor, Had one as a young girl traded it in for a Honda express.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I

reckon I'm going to get a speeding ticket.

I did it, I meant to do it, it was safe to do double the speed I was doing and there was no one around at all aside from two coppers with a speed gun.

What's the point in whining or arguing? I've just got to be good for the next 6 weeks and see if they can do me from front on after getting my plate.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

OK Phil.....

I'm assuming a little bit of "Piss taking" is being had.It reminds me of the time about 33 years ago when a "superior human" pulled me over for doing 34 in a 30......and told me I would most probably "end up dead" if I continued to break the Speed limit!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

The thick twat... we all end up dead

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool