Skip to content

Discuss This Ban for 144mph speeder General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Ban for 144mph speeder

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Ban for 144mph speeder

A motorcyclist who rode at 144mph on an A-road has been banned from driving for six months. Gary Dobson was caught speeding on his BMW S100RR on the A63 at South Milford, North Yorkshire, on October 7. The 40-year-old from Halifax was fined £500 by Selby magistrates after pleading guilty by post at an earlier hearing.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 November 2012 17:09)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

eventually!

Reply to this Topic
wobblybiker

Mar 09

wobblybiker says:

phew....

I bet the guy doing 100 in the inside lane was relieved!

Reply to this Topic
aaustin2911

May 10

aaustin2911 says:

Speed doesn't Kill - Not being aware does

Come on people and especially the 'domster' twit in the earlier comments

Speed does not kill in itself - NOT being aware of the road, conditions, other drivers and both the capabilities of your bike and yourself to handle them does.

On sunday I blitzed out on roads topping 120+ on minor roads ---was I dangerous no - road was clear and bike was safe (ducati Multistrada ABS, Traction etc) --- did I keep trying to drive like that when I came accross other traffic, unsafe conditions and built up areas - No of course not

The police are scum, yes speed limits are there - but take the major A roads and Motorways - the speed limits where introduced after the WWII to save fuel - cars and bikes used bakelight tyres and low specification drum brakes. Times and abilities have moved on.... sad that the dickheads we call the police are just a corrupt bunch of ....

Reply to this Topic
yellow vtr

Aug 02

yellow vtr says:

still in 3rd gear

144 mph he was still in 3rd gear......

remember you will only get done if you get caught

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

no big deal

In the right conditions I don't think it's dangerous going at those speeds on a bike.  I see far worse things everyday going to work.  Just because something is illegal doesn't mean its wrong.  In Germany they allow you to go at these speeds.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

snev

Nah no piss taking, I'm genuinely expecting a ticket but as they got me from the front, I dunno if I'll get done.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle