Skip to content

Discuss This Hill announces shock sabbatical British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Hill announces shock sabbatical

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Hill announces shock sabbatical

2011 British Superbike champion Tommy Hill has announced that he will be taking a year-long sabbatical from racing for the 2013 season. The Kent rider has released a statement stating that  his failure to secure a seat at world championship level has prompted the decision, citing a desire to move forwards from the British championship. He further explains that he has spent most...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 November 2012 17:36)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

well taking a year off isn't going to move you're career forward

it will set it back good move tommy..

more like there is more to this than is being said

Reply to this Topic
dessp2

Jan 04

dessp2 says:

Sounds like

A bit of a cry for help to get his phone ringing

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

I decided to have year off from racing that was 20yrs ago still waiting for the phone to ring........

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

A real shame

You can see his point.

He is a world class rider and I felt that his motivation seemed to be lacking a little towards the end of last year.

He should really have been given a top flight WSBK ride after the 2010 season.

I hope he gets the Aprilia ride.

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

what a joke

if you had won this yrs championship you might of got a ride in wsbk, but ya not good enough, so to give a good ride up in bsb, you must be mad, or have earned to much money last yr.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Unusual thing to do, he obviously feels trapped in the BSB championship, I dont know if taking a 'career break' is a good thing though.

Reply to this Topic
kevinschwantz

Sep 10

Tommy Hill

This is a crazy move, in the current climate you cannot be so choosy. He will find it very hard to get a top flight ride in 2014 within BSB let alone SBK or MotoGP...

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

I think

Tommy was disappointed with his peformance in the last few races, he didn't handle the pressure well, he was disillusioned, but taking a year off is not going to do him any good, unless he gets a surprise offer in WSB, and I can't believe Shakey is even thinking of a move to MotoGP, as he'll go from hero to zero, and it's a shame as it will draw a line under his career, as I reckon he'd got a couple more BSB titles in him on that Kawasaki.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Except for LeeCho's comment I agre with all those made. It's just a crying shame that someone whose got so much talent ,to say nothing of the size of his bs ends up with nothing for next year. I don't think this will be the end of the matter somehow--watch the news

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Good Luck

Top Bloke Tommy

Good Luck to him and it give some one else a great oppertunity

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN