Skip to content

Discuss This Hill announces shock sabbatical British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Hill announces shock sabbatical

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Hill announces shock sabbatical

2011 British Superbike champion Tommy Hill has announced that he will be taking a year-long sabbatical from racing for the 2013 season. The Kent rider has released a statement stating that  his failure to secure a seat at world championship level has prompted the decision, citing a desire to move forwards from the British championship. He further explains that he has spent most...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 November 2012 17:36)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
doctorfrank

Dec 08

doctorfrank says:

Politics

He feels pissed off and who can blame him,last year all the rumours were if hopper had won the BSB title offers were abound, but tommy won and was offered FA in wsb so he stopped in BSB. A break might do him and his career some good,ask max biaggi......he took some sabbatical then came back and won 2 more world titles. Take a break tommy,chill,who know's what may turn up.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Swan Yamaha might stop BSB as well i read somewhere. Shaykey and Hill should have WSBK rides. There's 2 good rides left. 1 Batta racing Panigale with Checa, A crescet Suzuki wich Leon proved was getting better al the time.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Oh Yeah and Shaykey on a CRT? Come on, i take Mondays of here in Holland to watch BSB. Byrne on a Kawasaki is a reason for that. If his wages are 3 times more riding a crap bike in Motogp? Well then i might have to think twice as well. They are professionals after all.

Reply to this Topic
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

sad news

i feel that this guy always has been in the wrong place at the wrong time he smashed cal crutchlow in the r6 cup then stuck with the very poor at the time virgin yamaha then moved to wsb on a really second rate honda got really smashed up the following season in wss never has he had a fair crack at the whip and as i say always wrong place wrong time good luck gtommy wherever you go

Reply to this Topic
klacto

Oct 12

klacto says:

Economics

It's the economy silly. Fewer rides, lower earnings but a year off is a bad idea unless you intend early retirement. Good luck Tommy I enjoyed your racing style.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

He's going to be a Dad and the money is shite..little more than a regular working wage.

It was clear he'd lost the fire, so no point.

Beating Hopkins and having to stay in BSB was a kick in the bollocks.

Good luck with the family and future Tommy.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

this is why

He is still in BSB ,has tended to do some dopey things under pressure has had some terrible luck in the past but just has something missing ,fell apart this year as he did in 2010 ,year off ;not a committed move is it ,good luck with the stickers ,someone will fill the gap its life,his brother quit this year mid season too 'lets all have a year off eh

Reply to this Topic
R30Paul

Jul 08

R30Paul says:

Pundit?

Riding the 'Eurosport Sofa' in 2013...

Reply to this Topic
ripper50

Sep 12

ripper50 says:

Dont Worry ...

Hill will get a job in B&Q or Tesco .. there alwayz lookin for trolly boys

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

after reading msn this week , he say I have 3 wsb offers but the packages aren't. right for me.

he doesn't seem to want to leave the UK race scene

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices