Skip to content

General Finally got round to fit trickle charger on my F3?? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Finally got round to fit trickle charger on my F3??

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Finally got round to fit trickle charger on my F3??

What a bleeding nightmare.  Supposedly there is a connector under the back seat as the battery is located under the tank and has to be removed, no way jose.

Can I find the sodding thing?? The battery charger you get when you get the bike has a weird connector, so can only use that one, but that needs an adaptor as well, which I don't have:upset:

Tried to get onto the MV forums but still waiting to get my account to activate:upset::upset: Emailed service at dealers but they don't work on saturdays:upset::upset:

Handbook comes in hardback and usb device, but apart from telling you how to start it and get the side stand down and up it tells feck all else.

Buggery buggery bugs:upset::upset::upset:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 November 2012 14:31)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

thanks jaffa

had a look at that post but it's still not helping.  Took the under seat cowling off too.  You would of thought it would be poking out so as to connect easily like on normal chargers but it's not.

If I can't get any joy I'll have to go over in the week and have a word with the techies in Aylesbury

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

babyblade...

did you not get the extra cable with the charger,like StephenW did in that forum post Jaffa put up? Does the bike start and run O.K?

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

just off to my bed but saw your post

yes it runs ok, but didn't get the extra lead, have emailed the dealer, but I'll go over next week to have a word.  Looked at all posts to do with batterys etc on MV forum but no joy

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

bb

wtf u talking about

the MV site is instant .............also depending on what charger you get you can get a 3yr old to wire it in

it goes directly on the plus and negative of the battery with a inline fuse  and there connector  See the pic on Jaffa link but that connector is std on most trickle chargers

dont get a normal charger with a trickle charge switch

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I finally have heard from MV

with the pictures I've given under my rear seat they didn't connect the cable on PDI,

I've fitted all my trickle chargers and when I realised you had to take the tank off to get to the battery I knew then there must be an easier solution

Off to collect the extra cable tomorrow then plug and go :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

Hey BB41

Haven't you got any 3 year olds near you who can magic a F3 charger lead out of their pockets?:lol:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Sorry Kris

no 3 year olds, I thought i was going mad, and then after seeing what I should have but don't have it made sense. I'll see if i can magic a 3 year old up tomorrow to help me fit it:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

bb....

aylesbury ??? .. i take it ya got it from ' on yer bike ' then ??? , thats where i bought me f4 1000r from

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

yes it was

the problem was when I bought her even the salesman couldn't do a proper handover as he wasn't clued up on all of it. 

The demo model which I first saw wouldn't start and no one could understand why until I looked at the fuel gauge!!

The mapping settings he told me were wrong too.  A bit naffed off having to go over but has to be done:upset:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices