Skip to content

Discuss This Rain set to spoil Casey Stoner’s MotoGP farewell MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rain set to spoil Casey Stoner’s MotoGP farewell

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Rain set to spoil Casey Stoner’s MotoGP farewell

Casey Stoner fears his hopes of ending his career in winning fashion could be ruined by the weather in Valencia tomorrow, with his farewell MotoGP race likely to be dominated by rain. The Repsol Honda rider will retire after tomorrow’s race and he admitted if the race takes place in wet conditions he is less likely to bow out with a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 November 2012 18:24)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Stoner

Great rider, double champ, will miss his riding massively.

Im just saying he moans a lot which he does. Even when he has the perfect race he finds something to moan about, im sure he's a nice guy but he just has a habit of moaning.

He's a moaner, its just the way he is.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

stoner's honesty

No doubt he has a public speaking problem and is uncomfortable in the media spotlight, which is one of the reasons he is leaving I believe.

He is apparently quite personable one on one with people he trusts, and has given thoughtful interviews in such circumstances. No way does he have valentino's wit,  charm and grace and it would have been fake for him to try to ape him.

You again are more or less saying he faked his illness in 2009, and such attitudes are a definite reason why he is leaving (he is saying it on the australian TV coverage as I type in a replayed interview). He has also disproved many other things said about him, perhaps with some help from valentino, particularly concerning his performances both good and not so good on the ducati.

So let him retire, 2 world championships are obviously not as good as 7 or any other number greater than 2, but still pretty good, particularly the way he rode to win those championships. He will perhaps be remembered as more like freddie spencer than valentino rossi, which his fans such as me can live with, and so I would imagine can he.

I do wish he had left some of his comments about the sport till after he actually left the sport, and also hope he does publicly thank those who have helped him at some stage.  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

doohanfan's honesty..

Thoughtful and measured. Clearly a Stoner fan but without the antagonistic bias displayed by most.

Well said mate..

Old wosi knows that Casey Stoner is the fastest rider out there. He's more than proved himself in my eyes, which admittedly have been opened wide and were wrong.

My Missus looked at me gone out when I shouted "Come on Casey.." out loud, as he closed in on Bautista for the final podium spot..

Really..I'm gonna miss him.

A fantastic and fitting end to an amazing career.

Respect.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

'Wosi'.........................thumbs up bud. My last 'hero' was Lawson. A man similar to Casey in front of the camera. It's what you do when the flag drops that counts. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices