Skip to content

Discuss This Rain set to spoil Casey Stoner’s MotoGP farewell MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rain set to spoil Casey Stoner’s MotoGP farewell

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Rain set to spoil Casey Stoner’s MotoGP farewell

Casey Stoner fears his hopes of ending his career in winning fashion could be ruined by the weather in Valencia tomorrow, with his farewell MotoGP race likely to be dominated by rain. The Repsol Honda rider will retire after tomorrow’s race and he admitted if the race takes place in wet conditions he is less likely to bow out with a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 November 2012 18:24)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

stoner

The boy really loves a moan. we get it, you have a hurty ankle.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

A podium would be a great way to end his career hopefully Casey gets it.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Stoner

hope it's a dry race, Casey's in with a good chance of a win, let's hope he goes out on a high.

MrKrabs, ssshhhhhhh SirB's qualified in 22nd !!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Brad 22nd

Will just make his podium all the more spectacular

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

krabs look deeper

I wish I could moan and be as fast as Stoner ,He has an injury and yet can still break more records than you have broken fingernails,I dont give a jot what he moans about ,He is an awesome talent the like I haven't seen since Wayne Rainey and Freddie Spencer ,ok he is no Barry Sheene pr wise, but he is a spectacle that this circus will miss badly ,I am pleased to add him to the list of greats that I am lucky enough to have seen in action, Krabs you don't know how to not judge a book by its cover ,enjoy Casey tomorrow in 10 years time you will realise he is not the moaner you see but a man with integrity and heaps of talent.

Reply to this Topic
Drzee

Apr 10

Drzee says:

Well said stig.

I think Stoner just says it like it is, straight talking.  What do you expect him to say about his ankle when asked, its OK its just a bruise?!

No doubt majority of us would be laid up unable to do much for months with this injury, another crash and it could be life changing, fairly sure most of us wouldn't attempt to race with that hanging over us, particularly as its the last race.

Moto GP is going to much poorer without him.

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

Good on ya, Stiggy ...

So amusing that some of the kiddies & infantile flakes who infest & pollute MCN wouldn't know much about GP racing - or even if a big, black dog was munching on their pathetic wee arses.

Stoner's "alleged moaning" is ALWAYS harped-on by posters with 46 or yellow or that style of thing in their pseudonyms & avatars. Or they have "concealed" details - so afraid that someone, anyone just might use words gainst them. What moral cowards & pretenders!

Poor dears - they conflate & confuse "moaning" with plain-speaking & honesty - because they simply aren't used to hearing & seeing or are in fear of "truth". That's the trouble when you have been fed, deceived & gulled by a constant diet of bullshit, PR dross & anti-rival candy floss instead of fact for years ... It is just so hard to recognise reality when you stumble across it, isn't it?

How interesting that in discussion with the official MotoGP TV commentary team yesterday - HRC Head Honcho, Shuhei Nakamoto (and he really should know - right?) said that he thought Casey Stoner was a superb young man - warm, pleasant & above all, HONEST - having all the qualities that he would wish for in his own Son.

Never mind Zombies, in the year or two that it will take you to get over Stoner's great success & VR's serial failure - you will just have to find someone else to abuse & vilify. Good luck with that ...

Cheers

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

aquarius

if these "zombies" opinions are so infantile and meaningless, why not simply ignore them. Having a moan about other people having a moan simply dosen't work, and its making you look bitter as fk old chum.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Stoner's honesty..

I don't recall anyone saying Stoner was a bare faced liar?

He does come over as a negative, whining little prick with a propensity to shut his eyes to the facts though.

Take his rant at the state of GP and the rules, blaming Dorna. He completely ignores the fact that his bosses at Honda were responsible for the same set of rules he was crying about. When perplexed journalist pointed out his faux pas..he just blanked them, failing to acknowledge the mistake.

Take his claims he left Rossi a competitive bike that had little wrong with it.

He's on record as saying the bike was uncompetitive and he left because of the lack of development. Just this week he said Rossi's new bike was clearly much better than his old CF bike.

Casey has been a fantastic talent and worked miracles on the Ducati but, his fragile mind has undermined his racetrack efforts at times. Plainly put..he's allowed shit to get under his skin.

Was taking a fishing holiday while on the sick and supposedly badly debilitated honest?

Was "NO..I will not go to Motegi.." realistic and truthful? 

He is contrary and contradictory and chooses to bend the reality of certain situations to his liking.

Like most Aussies..he can dish it out but can't take it back.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

I'm just watching moto 3 & the track is wet, wouldn't it be good if Valentino Rossi won his final race on a Ducati

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices