Skip to content

Discuss This Valencia MotoGP: Marquez takes astonishing win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valencia MotoGP: Marquez takes astonishing win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Valencia MotoGP: Marquez takes astonishing win

2012 Moto2 world champion Marc Marquez rode an incredible to race to win his final race in the class before moving up to MotoGP for 2013. Marquez was forced to start from last on the grid after colliding with Simone Corsi on Friday, but the Spaniard had moved up to 11th by the end of the first lap. Aspar rider Nicolas Terol...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 November 2012 12:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Muppets...???

what was it, 6 hours..?? Didn't take long to get back to type did it Cornbowl...

There isn't a single constructive, reasoned thought in anything you produce about Smith, everything you say is out of your dislike for the bloke, nothing more. If he doesn't manage to get results on the M1 (the measure of which is subjective) you'll doubtless be crowing you were proven correct - except it willl be pure coincidence rather than confrimation of a forecast based on reasoned opinion

You never did acknowledge that your flawed theory about not winning titles in the lower class meant you would never have given a certain Casey Stoner a GP ride.....

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Bultoboy

You appear to be confusing Bradley Smith, with Stoner, even you're not that silly. You must know the word 'commitment', followed by race craft, and a willingness to 'go for it'. Now that doesn't exist in Smith, he's gone down hill. He didn't exactly set the world on light in 125's, he had a lucky escape by missing 250's, they'd have eaten him alive in that, they required more ability than the present Moto2 class. Smith is a poor performer, you can take you're statistics, and work it whichever way you like, Redding isn't perfect by a long way, but he's getting on the podium, and he's a real racer.

Sunday's performance, no, outing, in your book then, is satisfactory. It's abismal, no effort, he's even started to whinge in case it's raining when it comes to testing. There's nobody here with any reasonable overview of what Smith has done, can tell me, he has earned 2 years on the next best thing to a works Yamaha, and exactly what do you think he's going to do with it, becasue the last thing in the world that's going to happen is, him putting it on the podium, if he does, that will shut me up, but until then IMO he's under-acheiver of the year. That's no big deal, but it is when he puts his ass on that M1 for two years, he's simply not earned it.

Your 'subjective' means by your alternative application of performance, it's okay if he runs at the bottom of the pile, but that's what he's done all 2012, I'm not lucky if I'm right, that's his potential, no such thing as coincidences.

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Smith done nothing?

how about runner up in the 125 championship? Redding ever do that? Running at the bottom of the pile? he came 9th in the championsip, not the top granted but in a 33 bike championship its obviously not bottom of the pile.

You really have a problem with the guy don't you, I don't know for certain what he going to be like in GP, no one does but what I do know is that he's put a 3 year old bike in the top 10 consistantly against far superior machinery, Takahashi got a couple of wins on the Tech3 in 2010 (same bike Smith is riding now) what has anyone else ever done on it?

You don't rate him then fine but you won't even acknowledge the fact (and it is a fact, just listen to his crew chief) that his bike isnt competative and thats what makes you look stupid.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Be sensible

You appear to be confusing Bradley Smith, with Stoner

No, I do not - don't be an arse.

You made up the standard that anyone who hasn't won a title shouldn't be given a Motogp ride - that was your statement, no-one else's. Therefore that includes Stoner as he had roughly the same title positions in the lower classes as Smith (4th and 2nd in the world isn't too shabby in my view, but obviously under achieving in yours)

Whether you think his Tech3 ride is merited or not, the bloke that put him there obviously does and he knows a lot more about the current Tech3 Moto2 bike than you do. I have no idea where he'll finish or how he will perform, but if you're going to crow if he doesn't get a podium next year I think you need to take a look at yourself. The only reason the Tech3 bikes made podiums this year is when one of Stoner/Lorenzo/Pedrosa hit problems. On speed thay had no chance. Next year you have Lorenzo/Pedrosa/Rossi, who between them should occupy the podium for most of the season. Marquez? - who knows, maybe he'll get in there too, but he's on a full factory Honda, not a satellite Yam. CC will have his work cut out to make 'genuine' podiums next year, I believe, but regular 4th/5th should be easily achievable. You also have the two satellite Hondas that Smith will have to beat. to break into the top 6 or 7 and then there are the Ducatis as who knows what they will be like next year.

Gettng a podium in 'normal' circumstances next year will be virtually impossible being relaistic, but I doubt you will be.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

MrKrabs/Bultoboy

I don't have a problem, what I have is an opinion on this rider, so at the end of the day, we're not going to see eye to eye, but I'll put it a different way. Smith went into 125's, I've got virtually all of the 125/250/500/ etc,, races on DVD, I've never particularly rated Smith, he did come 2nd in the championship, which gave him a ride in Moto2. In this sport, it's onwards and upwards, so it's progressing in skills. He hit a plataeu in his first year in  Moto2, there was a hope of him making headway the following year, 2012, but he has not, he has gone downhill, he's not a racer that's willing to put it on the line, and he's done nothing worth note, in any race, this season.

You can blame the bike, but I've gone into all of that before, regarding some of his fast laps etc., There has been no confirguration of race conditions, i.e., track, start position, wet,dry or somewhere inbetween, that he has been willing to race 100%+ to secure a podium, instead he's dropped back to his usual low position.Now if you can't see that, that's your problem. At Valencia, the last race, you know that's full of talent spotters, sponsors etc.,etc., and people are out there trying to get a decent ride for next year, Smith doesn't need to do that, because he's been gifted and I mean gifted, a ride on an M1 for 2 years. If you think that I'm the only one that thinks so, then you're living on the moon.

As regards his position in MotoGP, of course I know he's not going to win one, or get on the podium, because there are too many good riders in there, and there's also a hell of a lot more riders out there that would take advantage of a ride like that, because there skill level and commitment is way above that of Smith's. No matter what either you or Bulto think, I would have loved him to have done well, but as a career move, this will finish him, a CRT yes, but not a ride that will put him in the spotlight.    

P.S. MrKrabs, you still owe me that virtual tenner lol  

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

bit skint at the minute cornbowl, how about we move our wager on to next season, double or nothing Bradders finishes top 7 in 2013?

Agree with you about Valencia, he was poor, but he had a test in a couple of days and didnt want to take risks.

One last point on 2012, I know ive said this before but you really should look at the top speeds from warm up and practice, the lad is nowhere, and its not just the top speed, its the time it takes to get there that is the killer.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

MrKrabs

Okay MrKrabs, I'll take that one, I've got him for 11th because there's a lot of fast guys out there, but I wish him well all the same.

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

11th!!!

Can't believe you think he's only going to finish in front of Rossi out of the Prototype boys. terrible.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices