Skip to content

Discuss This Valencia MotoGP: Marquez takes astonishing win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valencia MotoGP: Marquez takes astonishing win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Valencia MotoGP: Marquez takes astonishing win

2012 Moto2 world champion Marc Marquez rode an incredible to race to win his final race in the class before moving up to MotoGP for 2013. Marquez was forced to start from last on the grid after colliding with Simone Corsi on Friday, but the Spaniard had moved up to 11th by the end of the first lap. Aspar rider Nicolas Terol...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (11 November 2012 12:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Marquez

Fast, skilled, aggressive, reckless to a degree, but also, how fast is that bike. Like the last race he started from the back, it made the others look like they were in reverse on acceleration and he just rode past them to the first corner. He knows what he's doing no doubt, as seen with some of the passes, but that bike has a had a ton of money and development thrown at it. Shame it isn't a two man team with another top rider in it as the comparison would have been interesting.

Once he'd got to around 5th / 6th he wasn't making any further headway and was slowly losing time to the leaders while the track was still wet - similar to Malaysia. It took the dry line to appear before he began his run to the front. Up until then, Rea had looked more comfortable and quicker but his bike didn't look as quick as those around him on the straight.

Not trying to take anything away from his obvious ability here, but next year there will be at least one Honda and two Yamahas which will be equally as good as his own bike and they will have top riders on them too (jury may be out on one of them...) so at least there will be no questions about machinery. There will also be CC on the Tech3 if he can stop binning it.

Will Marquez spoil Rossi's hoped for fairytale return to Yamaha?

Cornbowl, your constant deriding of Smith is reaching the same level of tedium as Benny's of Crutchlow. Time to give it a rest.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Scott's problem....

......is his weight and height , that would loose him a few mph , and suck a little bit of lbh/bhp out of the engine .

Imo The bloke's got the talent/skill to go to the top........

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Bultoboy

Fair enough, I've finished talking about Bradley Smith, and his zero podiums, zero effort. Example, Gino rode a first class race, lost the front pushing and went down, he remounted and still finished in front of Duffer Smith, how's that for a performance from Smith, that will bode well for him on the same track when he throws a leg over that M1, so no more comments about him, until after testing.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Bennyboybaaabaaaa

What a disappointment, they told me you and all your accounts were dead., and for what you've got to say you might as well be, but then we'll be hearing from all the other voices in your head later on, no doubt, tosser.

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Valencia

Is only the 3rd time this season Smith has failed to score points, 1 breakdown and 2 16th's. He has ridden the arse of his ancient machine, he probably wasnt at his best yesterday but he's testing tomorrow so probably had one eye on that. Doesn't matter who you are if you dont have the machinery your not going to be competitive, just ask Rossi.

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Marquez

The lad is super fast no doubt but it has to be said his bike is a rocket ship.

As for him calming down and showing other riders respect, I dont see that happening any time soon with Emilio Alzamora guiding him.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Thank god

says the remaining Brits in Moto2 as Marc goes to Motogp to compete with riders of the elite class who have won races such as Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Rossi, Spies and Dovi. I hope the weight rule helps "the fatties". ....and we know which country produces these "fatties". They will need more than added ballast to win.

Reply to this Topic
KerryKatona

Nov 12

KerryKatona says:

Milkybars

Which country makes the fatties ?

I like milkybars.  Yum yum.

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Spies?

Yes im sure Smith is shitting himself at the prospect of taking on Spies.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

'Sadly' Smith

Well with a bunch of muppets like you lot behind him, he doesn't need to make any excuses, he appears to have excelled, oh, apart from never getting on the podium this year, prior to his M1 debut. By the way, his fan club are meeting tonight, he's converted a red GPO phone box, no need to book, there's plenty of space. Good job it's not long now for him to release his true potential, pauses whilst laughing, now where was I, ah yes, so the time is now near for him to piss or get off the pot. I take it we will be judging his performance against his Moto2 chums that move into the class with him, one of which will be on an inferior bike.

Mr Krabs, where's my tenner lol. 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices