Skip to content

Discuss This Valencia MotoGP: Pedrosa prevails with tyre change MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valencia MotoGP: Pedrosa prevails with tyre change

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Valencia MotoGP: Pedrosa prevails with tyre change

Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa has won at Valencia today in tricky conditions which saw riders roll up to the grid on a mix of wet and slick tyres. With the track drying Pedrosa, Cal Crutchlow, Nicky Hayden and Alvaro Bautista opted to change from wets to slicks and start the race from pit lane. 2012 champion Jorge Lorenzo was the only...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 November 2012 14:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Drzee

Apr 10

Drzee says:

Echo those posts below.

Dani has ridden a great season with some bad luck along the way, Jorge and Casey likewise.

Cal has qualified well but not followed it up when it counts enough.  Also he needs to stop being a cock when interviewed as he just comes across as an idiot.  Anyone else cringe today when he was interviewed? 

Will miss Stoner next year but I'm sure Marquez will be ruffling a few feathers next year.

Good result for Ellison, shame for him he has been dropped for next year, deserves a good ride next year.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Drzee

As much as Ellison is a nice lad, he's not a world championship quality rider, top five BSB nothing more.

he hasnt done much of any note all season, today was just a lottery.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

chr

greatest gp rides of all time,?? bit overated there dont you think, did you not see his so called pass on corsi in "free practice!!!" marquez is a loose cannon, talented yes, pedrosa's ride was much more closer to your description imo, but still a good ride none the less, roll on testing.!!! be messy

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I jus't can't wait for Marc Marquez to get it on in MotoGp. Allot of people are moaning about him getting the best engines, the rules are made to suit him etc. Whatever, this kid can ride a motorcycle. The commentator on Dutch television said Stefan Bradl has crashed every time he took part in a race at Valencia, no matter what class he was ridding in. Pretty bizar statistic to have. Man the last motorcycle race of 2012? It's gonna be allong winter. Word is Yamaha is moving their teusday test to Aragon due to crap weather forecasts in Valencia. Nakasuga rider of the day for me. Danny Kent making up quite a large gap and overtaking Cortese with ease was also good. He might do well in Moto2 so will Luis Salom. Maverick Vinales has to improve in the rain if he wants that Moto3 title. Good luck sitting out this boring winter to all the posters on MCN.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

If i was yamaha i would be worried,jorge only won 2 out of the last 11 races and if casey had been fit maybe only 1.

The honda looks  absolutely dominant at the mo...yamaha have a lot to find before next season.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Foggy, “The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.”

..Marquez started last on the grid and ended up winning the race! This isn't club racing my friend, there are world champions amongst this field and he made them all look stupid. If that doesn't qualify for one of the great performances in motorcycle racing, I don't know what would. Are you serious about Pedrosa's ride today, not to denigrate his performance in any way, but that wouldn't even get my vote for ride of the season...?

Reply to this Topic
Lewisboard

Jul 12

Lewisboard says:

First really interesting race of the season

For me this is one of the best races i'v watched all season and kinda the saddest with cal coming from the pit lane and crashing out whilst in second place. from most angles it looked like he just fell off the front of the bike. a CRT bike leading most of the first lap and making a fair gap. A test rider coming 2nd and Pedrosa lapping round to pass Dovi who was in 6th place i believe. well it made for good watching other than just watching Lorenzo and Pedrosa battle it out which was generally the same. hope the next season can be just as good as this race and lets see if it's the bike or the man with VR.

Reply to this Topic
simondick76

Jan 09

simondick76 says:

Ellison

Has no place on a GP grid and it surprised me when he turned up there again!! He couldn't hack it in the British superbikes so god knows what made him think he could in Gps! Lorenzo was lucky he wasn't seriously hurt and all because Ellison didn't pay attention to the blue flag rule! He should be heavily fined or banned from racing from GPs!! Ridiculous!!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Lewisboard

Re 'VR'.......................it's the man bud. He's sold his arse and is now a cash cow. He's made many people 'velly velly happeeeee' by signing for Yam. He and his fans will once again spew excuses next season. Oh well.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

A very absorbing race to watch

Dani did make them all look silly today, least not considering he threw five seconds away himself with a little run on. But congrats to all those who finished, and especially those who managed to stay on the same lap as Dani - so all six of them. Nuts!

A wee bit of a shame the weather threw the random card in there somewhat, as I'm sure a dry one would've seen our three aliens at each other good and proper.

Lorenzo's crash was a healthy reminder of just how nasty these MotoGP things can be when not kept on a tight leash - or a dry line as the case may be. He was still pushing though because the last thing he knew was Dani was still up his date. Thank goodness he walked away. These airbag suits are proving their worth.

Some intellectual lower down thinks the 33 tyre has been the catalyst for Pedro's season. Err no, the early 2013 RCV213 chassis was, which he got to work half decent on the dodgy type 33 rubber which he still hates.

Anyway thanks to all the riders for a very entertaining season. They all contributed in one way or another. Even the factory riding grid fillers.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices