Skip to content

Discuss This Valencia MotoGP: Pedrosa prevails with tyre change MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valencia MotoGP: Pedrosa prevails with tyre change

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Valencia MotoGP: Pedrosa prevails with tyre change

Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa has won at Valencia today in tricky conditions which saw riders roll up to the grid on a mix of wet and slick tyres. With the track drying Pedrosa, Cal Crutchlow, Nicky Hayden and Alvaro Bautista opted to change from wets to slicks and start the race from pit lane. 2012 champion Jorge Lorenzo was the only...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (11 November 2012 14:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

all hail Nostro the fountain of Knowledge

This time last year i stated IMO it would be a very even year, the race wins would be shared around amongst the aliens, with Lorenzo becoming champion. The change from 800 to 1000 would even the machinery out for most of this year.

Nostro told me this was bollocks ( my shortened version of his long winded drivel) as Stoner was super human and only he could win and would dominate again ,and we were entering a doohan like period of championship wins. Pedrosa had failed on the honda for six years etc it was all about Casey.

So championship done , champion Lorenzo , Pedrosa 7wins Lorenzo 6 Stoner 5

Such a fountain of knowledge eh ? dickhead and lets not mention your OTHER alien Ben Spies.

The 33 tyres were introduced midseason and The rider who gelled with them better than anyone is Pedrosa, His results rocketed on the back of this combined with the changes Honda made.

What of Stoner? well IMO he appears to not have got on with the tyres , his form dipped and he launched himself, Lorenzo also seems to have lost the edge he had too.

So oh fountain of bullshit, master of nothing but waffle, explain where what im stating is wrong???

Seven years of never being able to string it together, then suddenly an unstoppable force. Yes i'd say Dani got an advantage from the tyres

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

CHR...?

"Marquez started last on the grid and ended up winning the race! This isn't club racing my friend, there are world champions amongst this field"

"Are you serious about Pedrosa's ride today"

Erm... they were both, at the start of the race, plumb last... & using your measure, which one do you think passed more world champions in riding from the back to the front?

Impressive rides by both.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Hedgey

Pedrosa's if anything was slightly harder, as he set off dead last when most of the field was round the first corner. marquez had past 20 riders by turn three and about 14 off the line into turn one.

Reply to this Topic
waipipi

Jul 06

waipipi says:

Well Done Dani

If only you had not dropped that race it could have been a wicked finale.....limp off home Skippy!

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Pedrosa

Dani gave a lesson today in how to ride a MotoGP bike, with mixed track conditions and a bike change. Both wet and dry, Dani has shown himself to be the new 'hard man' of MotoGP, if he carries this over to next year, then that title will be in his grasp. 

Lorenzo made a stupid mistake and paid the price, he's lucky he walked away from that one, totally over-reacted, as if the title was at stake. 

Cal, threw away a 2nd place on the podium, no excuse, pushing with no chance of catching Dani, and well clear of the Yam test rider, so with that he still finishes below Rossi in the championship standings, Cal needs to stop these unforced errors. 

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

interesting race but

Cal after all that work with a massive lead on third place with 7 laps remaining I could slap you,I have been impressed with him all season and he has had some terrible luck but the crashing has to stop ,this was so frustrating ,what pit board was he reading ? Thrown away a second place and positions in the championship ,inexcusable on this occasion ,Cal tell Matt Birt to fuck off and concentrate on the race,good luck for next season but lets not count on luck get your head in gear !!

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Rev/Benny/Calfanny/ etc.,

where is he then and all his different accounts, has he finally been thrown off, or has he set up another load of alias's. Can't believe he's not posted today on this lot, unless the sheep have turned and ganged up on him.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Hedgehog5, I take your point..

..you're quite right to highlight the similarities between both rides, and as I mentioned earlier, I was in no way trying to belittle Pedrosa's victory. He has had an epic second half of the season and has, I'm sure, changed the opinion of many people who once may have questioned his desire. 

The difference between the 2 rides though, to my mind, possibly flatter the result of Dani's somewhat. Being a flag to flag race opened up the possibility of tactics being the primary factor in deciding who won the race, and that combined with the fact there are only 12 prototypes ( on a good day ) on the grid, and in amongst them, really only 3 were ever likely to win - it becomes less impressive. 

Even though he did do a superb job, Pedrosa's win was overshadowed by his new team mate. The way Marquez came through the field on that first lap and then held it together beautifully to take the win was immense. The boy is a prodigious talent, of that there is no doubt..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

Boring

Motogp races are pretty dull, but this race top it all off. there was no battle, the tyre change, ruined the whole race. riders spread out... complete joke... would of be good to see head to head battle. crap race, but congratulation Dani...

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

cornbowl we can only hope so

Or better still that he has died ,I fear its simply that on a sunday he has to spend time with his mother in the attic

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices