Skip to content

Discuss This Valencia MotoGP: Pedrosa prevails with tyre change MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valencia MotoGP: Pedrosa prevails with tyre change

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Valencia MotoGP: Pedrosa prevails with tyre change

Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa has won at Valencia today in tricky conditions which saw riders roll up to the grid on a mix of wet and slick tyres. With the track drying Pedrosa, Cal Crutchlow, Nicky Hayden and Alvaro Bautista opted to change from wets to slicks and start the race from pit lane. 2012 champion Jorge Lorenzo was the only...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 November 2012 14:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Slorta

Jul 11

Slorta says:

So who do I put my money on ?

If I sat back at the end of the season and didn't have the championship points at hand, and could only go by memory of individul performances, I would have thought that Dani took the championship this year.  More wins but still the bridesmaid.  A bit of a shallow victory to Jorge but then again, that's the point score system, so fair's fair.

So who do I put money on for next years title ???

Total World Championships - JL=4  DP = 3

Total Race Wins - JL=44  DP= 45

Podium to Ride Ratio - JL= 54% DP=57%

.....it's all too close to call, so I'll go for the long shot with better odds......MM.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Look at Pinocchio's nose grow

You're like the writers of the Bible CCB - a mere childish inventor of fiction. Let's see if you can make a MCN post without mentioning Nostro. Best stick to what you really know eh, hoovers and scrubbers.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Disappointing finale of note

Props to those who stayed on two wheels though. Enjoyed the Nakasugo performance. The last time Valencia threw up a great wild card ride was Bayliss back in 2006. Another #21. All credit to Dani, he had a great latter part of the season and seven wins for him is great. George got the title, but Dani goes into the winter with break with the momentum for sure. As for Casey, he couldn't have asked for a better way to bow out, nor could HRC wish for a better replacement to fill his boots.  

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Agreed Rev...

... if it was a statistical award Bautista would probably* have collected that, but foolishly taking out the championship winner is not the way to win friends & Cal has been up there in a lot of races. Points aside, Cal has been closer to the front for way more laps than Bautista... he is a lot quicker than Bautista on their respective bikes... that doesn't win championships but then neither of them are in any danger of doing that anyway.

* Nakasuga actually got 2.7 times his 2011 points tally, Bautista only 2.65... is that takin it a bit far?

:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Or put another way..

..in his first season on the Honda, Marco Simoncelli came 8th with a points total of 125. Taking into consideration that it was his first season on the big bike, his second year improved to finish 6th with 139. Obviously, his tragic accident cut short what he may have accumulated that year - but compare that with Bautista's first season on the Honda, 5th with 178, and the good Reverend is right in suggesting the title of most improved rider should work it's way to him..

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

whatever clueless old Fart

If your gonna try be lord and master of the forum Nostro you old tit ,expect your name to crop up regularly. 

I use common sense , and thought about the things i say. mid season tyre change, new chasis ,and suddenly PEDROSA is on fire? logic points to him adapting better than everyone else to these changes.

Whats your retort to that opinion? insults derision and nothing to prove my point is wrong, which is about normal from you. 

The claims you made to counter my opinion on this season were wrong Nostro , ok? do we understand the concept? you claims something , it doesnt happen? it mean your wrong!!!

Theres many on here who will argue back, challenge your believes, with fairness and an open mind, unlike yourself old dinasour Nostrodamus (which by the way is a very up your own arse handle) like the writers the old book you quote at me, You believe every word you type to me true and undeniable/

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Awful end

to a damn awful season imo. Spoiled by the weather, tyre changes, rule changes, silly mistakes and poor tracks. I don't like this flag to flag racing, it's there purely so that tv slot times are not overrun. And you can't blame Ellison for Lorenzo's crash, why the hell should he have to move off the dry line and risk crashing himself to let someone else through, simply a piss poor judgement call by Lorenzo who only had to wait for the straight to come up and simply blast past.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

Yup a sorry end to a sorry season with few highlights of mention, the fact there was only 11 bikes out there ( i dont count crt) means getting a good result 5/6th was far easier than any other year. Only rossi and spies are under achiever's in my eyes, everyone else has had a good year. Very sad to see stoner go, rossi must have paid him a fortune to retire ;). hopefull the crt will go and we can return to a full grid of prototype bikes in 2014 and things will get better.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

For the umpteenth time CCB

If you're going to quote me it's best you use my words and not your works of fiction. Please pull an old post of mine from the forum, my profile is open, nothing to hide here.

Can't do it can you? You've spent hours looking and can't find a single thing to back your weasel words up with can you. Pathetic little creature.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Look Nostro

Im a man of my word, and if ive stated a opinion over a matter and ive got it wrong, i'l hold my hand up to it. i dont ask for proof of my stated opinion because i can remember the things i say and will be honest.

You love to take everyone to task over their differing views and insult them instantly with your condiscending manner. Why??

I have not spent one second looking at any of your thousands of posts to find the ones relating to your  inaccurate claims, and never will, why because i can remember those statements ,and so can many others. Man up and admit to a misjudgement, we all make plenty of them.

If you want anyone to take you seriously , quit acting like a fanboy ,child etc. I know your better than that .

look back at my post early on this thread and tell me without insults why im wrong?  my opinion, type 33 tyre introduced, Honda make changes to the chasis and Pedrosa suddenly has the edge over the others.  i believe thats a valid opinion.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices