You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Kawasaki won't kick over

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Lovebikes25

Nov 12

Lovebikes25 says:

Kawasaki won't kick over

My Kawasaki won't kick over I left it outside with a rain cover on but it was just sitting there for about 6 weeks not getting used can anybody help me with this problem and I noticed were it had been sat there was a wet patch underneath it:upset:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 November 2012 14:42)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Kawasaki??????????????

I will presume you mean your KX 85? but not sure,but you do say you have this machine on your profile.

It sounds like the fuel tap has been left on,the pressure of the fuel on a probably dirty float needle in the carb float bowl has leaked past flooding the cylinder,so when you try to kick start it you are trying to compress a liquid(neat fuel)this will become a solid which is stopping the piston from rotating over compression stroke. Take the spark plug out and see if it turns over,if it does kick it over until no more fuel comes out of the spark plug hole.Replace a clean dry spark plug,if you find the spark plug just gets wet with fuel all the time and the bike will not start,then the crankcase is also flooded.Quickest way to sort this without stripping is to take the fuel tank off and with a mate or two to help turn the bike upside down and with the plug out and using your hand kick the bike over until again all the fuel has come out of the crankcase,check the gearbox oil is correct (could leak out while upside down) before retrying to start the bike again with a clean dry spark plug.Good Luck

Oh and welcome to the site:smileLovebikes25

KCMC:tongue: 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices