Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

SaraChang

Aug 12

SaraChang says:

Dress for Advanced Motorcycle Riding

Hello Friends,

Safety is the most important factor when it comes to riding a motorcycle. Whether you take your sport bike to the track for some high-speed action or carve corners in canyons, proper riding apparel is the first step you should take to minimize the effects of a spill. More aggressive sport-bike riding requires optimal protection.

Leather jackets offer the best protection. Make sure your jacket has CE approved or higher padding in the shoulders, elbows and back. CE approval indicates that the product passed certain quality tests. If leather is out of your price range, then textile gear is the next best thing. A one-piece track suit offers exceptional protection, keeping the body stable in the event of a crash. Some even have built-in kevlar pads for impact and abrasion protection.

Time for pants. If you chose to buy your jacket and pants separately, rather than as part of a two-piece riding suit, make sure the pants have CE approved knee padding and spandex in the crotch. You should be able to swing your leg over the bike with ease while wearing your pants. This way, it's much easier to move around on the seat. Most pants have large velcro patches for knee pucks. If you're a frequent knee dragger, (ususally a technique for track racing) make sure the pants are compatible before you buy.

Thanks and Regards,
Sara Chang

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 November 2012 06:41)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Not pants

again, Ce approved knee padding in my pants and spandex in the crotch area:shock:

OMG I dread to think what's coming next:shock::shock:

Reply to this Topic
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

A dress?

I often wear dresses on my advanced motorcycle days. The cooling breeze is wonderful.

Reply to this Topic
Rugbyman

Jul 08

Rugbyman says:

Knee Dragger

No not me but I do know some knuckledraggers.:blink:

Does that count?

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Dress

This woman's advice is highly risky.  Apparently, it is OK to ride in a track suit or, alternatively a jacket and your pants.  Apart from the risk of injury in the event of an accident, riding in your pants in this country does carry other risks - like hypothermia.  Fortunately for me such clothing is only required by Advance Riders allowing me to wear more pratical motorcycle clothing. 

Rugbyman - those knuckledraggers wouldn't have Nos 1,2 & 3 on the backs of their shirts would they? 

I am glad these   

Reply to this Topic
Rugbyman

Jul 08

Rugbyman says:

MM

No, I was a 2 :shock:, highly intelligent playing position. Best position on the pitch on a cold wet day.
4's & 5's tend to be the knuckle draggers:lol:

Reply to this Topic
bazablue

Mar 10

bazablue says:

gear

is this post a joke???????an advanced rider and serious biker knows what to wear.......next  she will say "when you cannot see in the dark put lights on".....no more nanny state please!talk about """"suck eggs" 

Reply to this Topic
Rugbyman

Jul 08

Rugbyman says:

Lights on in the dark

I ride a Trumpy Sprint

It makes no difference :blink:

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

lights

Bandit has ace headlight beam pattern, zzr1100 may as well use the force..lol

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

for tack it has to be leathers only.

for road use wear what you like. i just wear full textiles top and bottms to keep me warm and day. plus i just ride all day with my head light on main only.

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

lost in translation....

I think 'Sarah' might be talking from State-side (carving canyons)and she means 1 piece leather suits for on track...Spandex, we think of them mincing glam rockers like    Sweet    she means elasticated material in leathers.:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices