Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo relieved title already decided after Valencia crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo relieved title already decided after Valencia crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo relieved title already decided after Valencia crash

Jorge Lorenzo admitted he was relieved to have already wrapped up a second MotoGP world title after he suffered a horrifying high speed crash while leading yesterday’s final race in Valencia. Tricky conditions meant yesterday’s 30-lap race was a crash fest, which included the Spaniard’s vicious high-side at Turn 10 when he was leading Dani Pedrosa on lap 14. Lorenzo assessed the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 November 2012 10:57)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steed28

Mar 09

steed28 says:

Jorge Started On Slicks

I think you'll find that Jorge started from his grid position on slicks unlike Pedrosa, Crutchlow etc who switched and started from the pitlane. So he infact read the conditions better than most.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Agree...

Blue flag or not, did he really expect Ellison to run wide on the damp part? I'm pretty sure it's one of those "Move aside when it's safe to do so" things.

One thing that gets me about MotoGP, is they never test in these "tricky condition" - yet it happens at many tracks, year in-year out. Maybe they shoulda been doing a bit more testing on the Friday and Bridgestone needs to start looking at a compound tyre that can deal with a drying line (?)

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Stuart...

"One thing that gets me about MotoGP, is they never test in these "tricky condition"..."

Yes, but we saw what happened in a race when JL took a risk to pass... how many accidents like that do you think a full field of riders would walk away from as he did? (& how much did that cost?!?)... they will only take the sorts of risks in these conditions in a race... any other time they're just wobbling around... the only way to get experience in these conditions is to race in them... injuring yourself in practice or smashing a bike to little bits achieves nothing... pointless.#

I'm extremely relieved that there were no serious injuries this weekend.

Reply to this Topic
LouisVR46

Feb 12

LouisVR46 says:

Jorge

I think Jorge should learn a valuable lesson from this. Jorge is very quick to blame others and this time his reckless riding really was the cause. I have to praise his immense riding and immediate consistency right from the start of the season, but this isn't the first time this season when he has had a go at a slower rider for not moving out of his way.

He doesn't own the track, as I have frequently noticed he gets agitated in qualifying when others don't let him through when they are on flying laps.

Ellison was in a chicane with a single dry line, it was at risk to him to move off the line. I'm sure someone with James' experience would have immdeiately let him pass as soon as the bike is upright.

And I also can see that Jorge had to try and ease the pressure from Dani (my money was always on Dani winning, even when he started last).

But he has to be more patient and just waiting throughout the chican could have saved a race win or second. Instead he was reckless and was fortunate that he had already sealed the title and that he didnt get injured.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Bloody hell Benny

... that Lorenzo's unfair to blame Ellison - who he caught in the middle of a one-line chicane in damp conditions.

Ellison did nothing wrong.

Agreed...

No use people talking about blue flags really as we don't even know if there was one being waved or even if it was at a point a rider would see one. And as said above, what would Eliison have done? Vanish in the middle of a chicane whilst fully committed? And how easy is it to see a blue flag through mist and spray in the distance, cranked over in the wet, eyes firmly focussed on the line ahead. Hindsight and 'what should have happened' are wonderful things.

Can't blame Lorenzo for trying to get past as for all he knew Pedrosa may have been right with him and he wouldn't have wanted him to have come past. He took a gamble, it didn't pay off, he should just accept it, which he now seems to have done.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

typical

Typical of Lorenzo or Stoner. I know Stoner has retired and his riding will be missed But his premerdonna antics wont. Lorenzo is the worlds best rider but he doesnt do himself any favours. The reason why the accident occured wasnt Ellisons fault it was Lorenzo cracking from the pressure  Pedrosa was putting on him. It should be intresting next season with Marquez and Rossi riding against him on competitive machinary. I can see the sparks will fly because Rossi and Marquez will have nothing to lose .   

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Cracked under pressure..??

Or maybe he just came up a little quicker than expected, mid corner, onto the tail of a much slower bike. It's happened before you know, except in this instance, avoiding a colision put him on the damp surface and wallop.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Basically Jorge, you approached too quickly at the wrong place. Ellison couldn't have moved over even if he saw you without risking a crash himself. The CRT bikes are in another league and it isn't the rider's fault that their bikes are slow. Ezpeleta has fucked this series up with his incompetence.

Reply to this Topic
skippy992

Nov 12

skippy992 says:

Blue Flags

Well Girls A blue flag, is to signal a slower rider to get out of the way! It is clearly Elision's fault, and obvious to me that you are all being a little too biased. I noticed he didn't get out of the way for other riders too. Poor form on his part! ..... let the 'flaming' begin. Skippy992

Reply to this Topic
skippy992

Nov 12

skippy992 says:

Elison has his knee down.....

Again, with a second look at the above photo, James has his knee down, better he stop pretending and get out of the way.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices