Skip to content

Discuss This My Yamaha YZR500 Norick Abe replica Custom & modified bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Custom & modified bikes > My Yamaha YZR500 Norick Abe replica

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Wolfgang Hromada  says:

My Yamaha YZR500 Norick Abe replica

I am from Austria. I have built a replica of Norick Abe´s 1999 YZR500 based on a Yamaha RD500 engine. Modifications and one-off parts are a long list, it took me six years to complete the bike.  Some of the photos attached also show a similar bike of a friend of mine, this is Checa´s YZR500 based on a stock RZ500 chassis.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 November 2012 11:43)

Post a message in Custom & modified bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mozart

Nov 10

mozart says:

Wow

Got to say, best 500 reps i've seen, and the road legal additions so subtle.

6 years well spent, congrats. Now just don't bin it ( ever ) :-)

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

mega

fantastic looking bike, when the good weather comes, do a few video's, i'd love to hear the bike doing a few fast passes on full power and maybe a few over runs as well plus a few pull aways.  

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Fantastic!

I must say that is really rather splendid :) How similar is it in mechanical and performance terms to the original? It certainly looks like the real thing

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Best replica i have ever seen. Good to see that you must be an Abe fan, wich is great! Not only have you built an awsome bike, on the first picture you jus't about copy his ridding style:-) Sitting up straight and still going fast as hell. Norck Abe was a legend and this replica does him justice. Maybe a 4 stroke Daijiro Katoh replica next? Great work, im lovin it!

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Congratulations! What a beautifully crafted replica that is! I'd love to ride a 500 stroker again. I got a chance to ride an RG 500, nice and light with a great powerband. Unfortunately I just missed out on buying it as I was 15 minutes too late in leaving a deposit!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Sitting here in the cold...

Makes me wonder about all this "Global warming and emissions" stuff. Bring back Bikes like these, I say.

Reply to this Topic
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

What a fantastic piece of work.I wish i had the ability/time/money to build a replica as good as this,it's one of my dream bikes.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices