Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner bows out with podium in Valencia MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner bows out with podium in Valencia

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner bows out with podium in Valencia

Casey Stoner walked away from MotoGP with one last podium after a stunning charge in yesterday’s Valencia race in Spain. The Repsol Honda rider bowed out of Grand Prix racing with a third place in a race that was declared wet but which took place on a dry line throughout. The double MotoGP world champion had the worst conditions imaginable for his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 November 2012 15:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Aligning youself with Hardlylean

isn't doing your rep any favours Reverend.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Well Benny

Your line from below

As the good Lord said: "I speak only of The Truth".

Like it or loath it - I am correct.

Your quote from earlier today

Like Bulto, Cornball operates on the "I think I know better" principle - rather than fact.

Seems we're not alone then eh...

Maybe what you should have said was like it or lump it, I'm trolling again.

Up until Indy it was a three way fight. Stoner, for the first time in a long time crashed resulting in an injury that cost him missed races and the ability to ride at 100% when he came back. It happens to them all. I don't recall anyone saying Rossi's defence in 2010 was very poor, or his 2006 defence was very poor. Don't recall anyone saying Lorenzo's 2011 defence was very poor (who also put himself out of 3 races through crashing)

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

"I don't recall anyone saying Rossi's defence in 2010 was very poor"

Ha ha ha! selective amnesia bluto? I'm sure if I could be arsed I could look back through the threads history and find no end of comments to that effect, and most of them would be coming from you and your sour mouthed girlfriend.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Fact is

stoner has been consistently out ridden and out classed by Pedrosa this year. Thats why he finished ahead in the championship.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Mario

come come, you should know by now its illegal to say anything that is critical of Stoner on here.

Truth can not be used ever, in any debate over Stoners flaws or failings.

Rossi gets injured in 2010, whilst slightly behind in the championship, he is past it and handed his arse by Lorenzo.

Stoner gets injured in 2012 whilst behind in the championship ,he is still super human and wasnt struggling. and would have beaten them all

Cant you tell the difference???

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Fastest

Guy of the last decade,Julian Ryder never tells porkies.......

Reply to this Topic
maazzz1

Aug 10

maazzz1 says:

Super halfwit - I would say that Dani Pedrosa handed the whole field their arses from about indy onwards. Up until and including the Indy GP the count was 6 to 5 in casey's favour - that is Casey finished infront of Dani eventhough Dani was infront on points. The final count, based on all races in 2012 that the two started in together, 15 races in total - suprisingly it only finished 7 to 8 in Dani's favour. And CCB in 2010 Rossi and Jorge competed in 14 races - the final count was Jorge 11 and Rossi 3.

Dani was clearly the best rider from Indy on and finishing second to him in the form he showed in the later part of the year, injury or not, is no disgrace at all... Same as finishing behind Jorge in 2010 

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Ha ha CCB

do I detect a hint of sarcasm?

Its one thing to be fast on occassion, but to win a championship you've gotta be fast ALL the time. Some guys get it, some don't.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Spin it anyway you want spaazzzzz

Pedrosa rode better than stoner over the full duration of the season, thats why he has considerably more points.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Soup..

.."Its one thing to be fast on occassion, but to win a championship you've gotta be fast ALL the time. Some guys get it, some don't." You're absolutely right, that's why Casey's won 2 and Dani's brought home a big fat zilch.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices