Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner bows out with podium in Valencia MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner bows out with podium in Valencia

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner bows out with podium in Valencia

Casey Stoner walked away from MotoGP with one last podium after a stunning charge in yesterday’s Valencia race in Spain. The Repsol Honda rider bowed out of Grand Prix racing with a third place in a race that was declared wet but which took place on a dry line throughout. The double MotoGP world champion had the worst conditions imaginable for his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 November 2012 15:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

Thanks Casey

You have been an absolute pleasure to watch. I think he will be one of those riders I will talk about for years.

In summary, 6 years of Relentless, no holds barred, balls out racing from the most pure talent on the planet.

Thanks, enjoy your next adventure.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Guys

I'm not doing anything other than pointing out that casey stoner was beaten by his teammate Dani Pedrosa in the championship. Is this not fact? Are you saying that casey beat Dani by scoring less points? Is 254 a greater number than 332?

I would also like to pick up on the point by CHR about stoner winning on the RCV in 2011. So if your rationale is right and casey is the better rider because he scored more points than Dani in 2011, then it surely stands to reason, by your own logic, that Dani is now the better rider because in this year, 2012, Dani has scored more points than casey. I don't see why you guys have such a hard time with that. Are we not allowed to point that fact out? Will the brown shirts be knocking on my door shortly for my blasphemy?

Get a grip guys! He's been beaten by his team mate. Nothing you can do or say will ever change that. But please, don't let that stop you from trying.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Simply put it Casey is the fastest rider on two wheels the guy is from another planet thanks for the memories and all the best.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Mario, stop trying to be provocative..

..and I'm not talking about you wearing the high heels and stockings!..( ahem! ).. I've conceded Pedrosa has been the better rider over the second half of the season, that's not in question. Where we come into conflict, is your refusal to accept Stoner's injury has played any role in determining the outcome of the final points tally as well as purposely using language that's gonna get people's back's up ( " Pedrosa handed him his arse" etc ) You also seem to want to turn a blind eye to the fact, Stoner has won 2 Moto GP championships in less time than Pedrosa's been in the class, as well as doing it on a bike that he'd had no experience on. Soup, you seem to like to deal in facts, but only when it suits your purpose..

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

"I'm not talking about you wearing the high heels and stockings"

Oooooooh I love it when you talk dirty!

stoners injury is part of it. You can't win if you fall off. I could understand if he was punted off and injured, rather like Dani, but he wasn't. It was all his own work, and so he has to take responsibility for that. You don't crash a bike because your a good rider, it just dosen't make sense.

I don't understand your willingness to keep living in the past CHR. What was, was. What is, is. But ok, lets play it your way. Where was casey in 2006? In the gravel mostly. Should we let that taint our view of his 2007 performance? How could such a thing make sense? casey has been out scored and therefore beaten by his team mate THIS YEAR. Is that not right?

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

"You don't crash a bike because your a good rider, it just dosen't make sense."

Now Soup, you seem like a decent fella, stockings or not. That kind of drivel though, it doesn't show you in a particularly good light. If that's your view, then we've got nothing more to say...

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

RevB

Nice stat revB but you and I both know it's meaningless.

Reply to this Topic
Markspeedf1

Apr 11

Markspeedf1 says:

Thanks You Casey

Thank You Casey, only because your talent make me have a big passion to watch every race of MotoGP. Good Luck to your New Life ......

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

err guys

I think you'l find that the same reasons your using to defend Stoners poor season injury etc are the very same reasons you have used to destroy Rossi's reputation. you cant have it both ways ,and its why Mario is taking the piss.

Stoners early career wasnt as much of a success as either Rossi, Pedrosa or Lorenzo,

Dani's Big bike career doesnt match either Rossi's Stoners or Lorenzo's though

All four all brilliant riders though and deserve respect, so think on before you spout shite about any of them if you dont want the same shite spouted back at your favorite.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

So if a guy loses control of his bike and crashes

its because he's good?

That just dosen't make sense chr, and to me it dosen't put you in a good light because you've obviously adopted the head in sand approach. I thought you were better than that chr. Maybe not.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle