Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner bows out with podium in Valencia MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner bows out with podium in Valencia

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner bows out with podium in Valencia

Casey Stoner walked away from MotoGP with one last podium after a stunning charge in yesterday’s Valencia race in Spain. The Repsol Honda rider bowed out of Grand Prix racing with a third place in a race that was declared wet but which took place on a dry line throughout. The double MotoGP world champion had the worst conditions imaginable for his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 November 2012 15:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

“There are some questions that shouldn't be asked until a person is mature enough to appreciate the answers.”

..so, tonight soup, I'm not going to talk to you..

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

After Stoner's accident..

..it's foolish to try and compare them, only a halfwit would try. Incidentally, CCB, don't try and label me with any Rossi slurs regarding his injury - I would be more than happy to accept the similarities between what happened in 2010 and Stoners Indy accident..

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

This is no time for tomfoolery CHR

we have to put this injustice right. stoner falling off his bike was clearly not due to a lack of skill and judgement on his behalf and we have to right this wrong. The world must know CHR! Things might have been different if err...things had been different!

Reply to this Topic
maazzz1

Aug 10

maazzz1 says:

There is no spin at all Super halfwit... Pedrosa finished second scoring 332 points - enough to win a title most seasons. He beat Stoner fair and square - there are plenty of what if's, just like in 2010.

Dani rode almost flawlessly from Indy through to Philip Island and Misano was just bad luck and his ride yesterday was nothing short of awesome - thoroughly deserved. He finished well out in front of Stoner and good on him. I hope he can go one better next year.  

There is no doubt in my mind that being in third, 9 points behind Pedrosa and a whopping 32 behind Lorenzo after Laguna on the back of a poor Mugello and his bin it or win it melt down in Germany also played a part in Stoner pushing too hard at Indy when he probably could of been more measured given he was clearly the quickest at that point in qualifying; however as you say ccb that wasn't his style - it's why I, and many others I would think, enjoyed watching him. 

The fact is though that prior to Indy, the count was 6 to 4 in Stoner's favour in a head to head with DP and after Indy 6 to 5 and by seasons end 7 to 8 in DP's favour. Not really having your arse handed to you... Stoner by his own admission is disappointed about his season and blames no one but himself for how it finished but he can look back over his career and be proud of what he achieved and how he achieved it and even a nob head like yourself and a few others on here should have the balls to admit at least that, instead of being sad little numpties.

Now that Stoner is gone, what/who are going to bitch and moan about??? Probably everything and everyone... 

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

im not CHR

Rossi podiumed seven times in 2010 including a win, after breaking his leg, injured shoulder and get finished third overall after missing four races. Yet is scorned as been finished at the begining of the season.

Yet Casey has done similar this year  yet is not being faulted at all, so how does that work then???

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Wosi

Cider does indeed rot your brain, I've told you before who I am you clueless brono.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

so, tonight soup, I'm not going to talk to you..

can I ask you a serious question chr? have you got your arms folded and your bottom lip sticking out?

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

"The fact is though that prior to Indy, the count was 6 to 4 in Stoner's favour in a head to head with DP and after Indy 6 to 5 and by seasons end 7 to 8 in DP's favour"

its all academic sppaaazzzz. Woulda shoulda coulda. There are all sorts of permutations up to varying points in the season. But a championship isn't won by what happened in the first 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 or however many races. Its the guy that does best over the WHOLE season. Over the WHOLE season, Dani did a lot better than casey. That is all.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

He told MCN: “It was probably one of the more difficult races in my career. I wasn't riding as myself, I wasn't loose and free like I would normally be and I was nervous. Every time I've been on the track since I've had this injury I am nervous.......... what about australia then????

Reply to this Topic
maazzz1

Aug 10

maazzz1 says:

precisely 7 to 8 in head to heads in 2012 in DP's favour and Dani finished in front of Stoner at the end of the season 332 points to 254 with Stoner missing 3 races due to injury. In 2011 it was 9 to 5 in CS's favour with Dani missing 3 races due to injury. Points scored 350 for Stoner and 219 for Dani. Who's better than who? well that is for sad little trolls like yourself to decide and pimping yourself as the authority on the matter and then sitting back and taking cheap pot shots at everyone and everything that may see it differently... They are both great riders, both achieved alot and is some cases maybe not enough. But they have done alot more on a track than all of us on here.    

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices