Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner bows out with podium in Valencia MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner bows out with podium in Valencia

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner bows out with podium in Valencia

Casey Stoner walked away from MotoGP with one last podium after a stunning charge in yesterday’s Valencia race in Spain. The Repsol Honda rider bowed out of Grand Prix racing with a third place in a race that was declared wet but which took place on a dry line throughout. The double MotoGP world champion had the worst conditions imaginable for his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 November 2012 15:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

what about australia

Australia wasn't a wet race was it...  there is far more chance of crashing in unpredictable wet conditions than on a dry track aren't there. He was far more worried about crashing in the wet than dry which is what he said every time he was asked

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

You're living in the past sppaaazzzz

"Who's better than who?"

Dani is better because he has 332 points and casey has 254. 332 is MORE than 254. Yes?

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

I think thats the whole point Maazzz

Stoner fans want to spout complete and utter shit over everything Rossi achieved because of his failure on the Ducati. Mario is returning the same in kind because Stoners season wasnt successful this year.

The whole reason for the baiting of Rossi ,is solely based on Stoners willingness to either throw it at the scenery if he didnt win in the last few races of 2010. This name the bike a sorted package apparently.

Theres so many factors that can effect a seasons outcome and has done for the last three years.

10 Rossi's crash and broken leg derailing him

11 pedrosa being taken out by Simoncelli whilst in the championship lead and shattering his collarbone.

12 Stoners crash and the 33 tyre introduction the changed the dynamics of the whole season.

without any of these the record books may well look very different

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Dani may have done better than Casey..

..but the bottom line is, he still has won fuck all! Everything else is just bluster..

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

But by your rationale chr

if Dani hadn't been injured at various times in the past, he may well have won a championship. But he didn't, in much the same way that stoner didn't beat Dani this year. Dani is the superior rider at this point in time.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Have you

written that letter to Dorna yet?

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

CHR

So Rossi who won 9 titles to Stoners 2 is  far better?, and hasnt Dani got three to his name?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Aye Super...

"Dani is the superior rider at this point in time"

At this point in time Casey is not only injured but retired... no-one's gonna argue with you there.

Some of the arguments on here are bizarre... as CHR says they've all had their moments... Dani still hasn't got a championship but he's been an Alien... one of the best... for years now... he's beaten in championships every MotoGP champion he's raced at least twice but never from the top step.

This year he beat Rossi, trying to escape from a crap team, & Stoner, who had his accident year & JL won... 2010 he beat Stoner, trying to escape from a crap team, & Rossi who had his accident year (despite having an accident himself). JL won both years... the only difference is where Rossi is.

Swings & roundabouts.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

There you go, you've hit the nail on the head..

..if Dani had been fit, then who knows, it's quite possible to think he may have won a championship. Crucially though, he has been fit this year, and he's still the bridesmaid. All this chest beating is getting tedious my friend, you're chasing your tail. The latter half of the season, Pedrosa was the better rider - I'm happy to concede that, the caveat being Stoner's injury has no doubt hindered him, thus affecting his results!..Well, I'd love to kiss you, but I've just washed my hair..

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

So in summary

I'm right and Dani is better than casey

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN